Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  142

Thread: Terry in Las Vegas Build - 15,000 miles, standard ratio R-P installed.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Terry in Las Vegas Build - 15,000 miles, standard ratio R-P installed.

I got a call from Stewert today and the driver is early. Woohoo! I promptly took the day off of work and am expecting the delivery tonight. My order is:

• MK IV Complete Kit
    • Powdercoating Chassis
    • 302-351 Engine/Trans Mount Kit
    • 3-Link Deluxe Rear Suspension
    • 302 Headers
    • 31 Spline Driveshaft
    • Body Cut Outs
    • Power Steering
    • Ultra-Lite Gauge Set
    • Wind Wings
    • Front Swaybar
    • Heater/Defroster
    • Floor Mats, Rollbar Grommet, Side Louvers
    • Center Dash Support
    • Trunk Gas Strut
    • 8.8 solid rear axle
    • Black Front/Rear Wilwood Brakes
    • Delete seats ($220 Credit)
    • Sun Visors
    • EFI In Tank Fuel System
    • 17" Halibrand tire/wheel package

I also already have from Breeze
    • Solid Offset Rack mounting Kit
    • White Shift Knob
    • Lower Radiator Support Kit
    • Russ Thompsons's Gas Pedal
    • Hood Scoop Fastener Set
    • Engine Compartment Battery Mounting Kit
    • Hinged Radiator mounting Kit
    • Radiator Cowl Opening Cover Kit
    • Fan Shroud
    • Dead Pedal Kit

The Firewall Forward kit from FFMetal is on the way

I also already have the Moog tie rods/balljoints with the Energy Suspension boots.

I have read and read and read many build threads and forum posts. I would be lost without the information already provided by members. Thank you so much for your information. I'm not a very inventive or creative person, but I can follow instructions. Besides the FFR Build Manual, I have two build threads printed out with handwritten notes everywhere.

My goal is to have a drive able car ready for Huntington Beach 2020. If I don't, I will be there in my bad *** Nissan Maxima.

The motor will be a 347 FI with Tremec 600. I have not made the decision yet if it will be Blue Print or Forte. I'm hoping to be able to order it in a few months. I will be going with the Kirkey Low Back Vintage 17" seats.

I am 6'6" tall and 270 lbs. I will be making a few modifications already described by others to allow me to fit into the car as comfortably as possible. I've always loved cars. My favorite past car is a 96 Chevy Impala that I put a lot of money into. I assisted a friend of mine with an engine pull and head/cam swap on it. I have done CV shafts, brake jobs, exhaust installs, drive axle replacement, header installs, rear main seal replacements, and a bit of automotive electrical work myself. I'm not a newbie, but I am definitely diving in a lot deeper in mechanical work that I have ever done with this car. My mechanical ability is that if I can see a good YouTube video of how something is done, I can probably do it myself.

Funds are certainly not unlimited, and I do need to keep to a budget. I can upgrade parts that are important to me, but not everything. If I didn't have alimony and child support to pay, it would be a different story.

Terry
    Last edited by TMartinLVNV; 08-07-2019 at 12:00 PM.

2. Thanks John mc thanked for this post