Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  255
Likes Likes:  391

Thread: EdwardB’s 35 Hot Rod Truck Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Back At It – LS Frontrunner

Arrived back home from our trip to Texas. 3,000+ miles. Went by the Embassy in San Marcos on our way in and out of town. Looked pretty quiet without all Cobras that will be there in a couple weeks. For those that will attend, have a great time. We made it there two years ago. But timing just didn't work this year. Had a nice family visit and was great meeting our fourth grandchild for the first time. Special memories.

While gone, Vintage Air shipped my frontrunner setup. So was waiting for me when we got back. Still nothing on my power brake setup. I’m working on an alternate plan and expect to make a decision this week if the supplier doesn't come through. Finished installing the frontrunner setup today. It wasn’t cheap. But I’m very pleased with the quality, the instructions, how everything fit, and now the final product. The components are all high quality including a nice 170 amp alternator, Sanden A/C compressor, an ATI Super Damper harmonic balancer, nice billet aluminum mounts for everything, and even ARP hardware. The biggest challenge was changing out the stock balancer with the ATI piece. None of the tool rental places had a puller for an LS style balancer. So Amazon to the rescue even though I probably (hopefully…) won’t use it again. Also picked up a flywheel lock. Cheap and not sure I could have accomplished the swap without it. Followed the directions exactly and everything worked out. It's a good pull and right at my limit to get the retaining bolt for the balancer torqued. But done. I still have to get a different thermostat and thermostat housing. Other than that, ready to go. Both length and width worked out fine. It’s going into fit in the chassis and body just fine. Here are some pics. Will go back to working on the doors for now.

Last edited by edwardb; 03-17-2021 at 06:05 AM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

2. Likes Higgybulin liked this post