Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Huntington Beach?

Post Thanks / Like

Huntington Beach?

It’s a new year!
    A much better one, I hope!
    Time to start thinking about the new driving season.

So, IF this virus thing starts getting under control, and IF the event does not get rescheduled AGAIN, is anyone planning on going down to Huntington Beach this April?

If so, I thought it might be nice to discuss plans for the event. When are you going? How long will you be there? Where are you staying? Are you driving the car, or towing it? Etc. Maybe meet up a time or two before then and get to know the Factory Fives that will be traveling from the Pacific Northwest.
    I will be going if at all possible, all reservations are made. How about you?

Brien (BB767)
    MK4 - complete kit - Blueprint 427W - Holly Sniper EFI - TKO 600 .64 - 3.55 3 link - 17" Halibrands

Post Thanks / Like
    Same questions, anyone going down in November?
    MK4 - complete kit - Blueprint 427W - Holly Sniper EFI - TKO 600 .64 - 3.55 3 link - 17" Halibrands

Post Thanks / Like
    Planning on going, will be towing down there. Have family in San Clemente, will prob stay in that area.
    Build #9818 completed 04/2021 - Dart SBF 427, PF4 EFI, TKO600 Build thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...utton-head-mod
    Build review video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6IAbo2sFt4&t=1111s My finished car: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/atta...7&d=1638415131

Post Thanks / Like
    i hope it gets rescheduled soon
    i would really like to be there

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jamminj View Post
    i hope it gets rescheduled soon
    i would really like to be there
    Scheduled for Saturday November 6.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    i dont know what to do i live in northern CA
    November is way to far away for me (bummer)
    dont have the time to give to go back east
    ive been waiting for a year and a half to purchase my type 65r
    really want to see few 65r's in person and talk to the owner/builders about different things i see when im looking at the car before i make my purchase
    that way i have a really good idea about what i like and don't like
    i need to figure something out soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    How would you guys feel about an informal get together in April? Kind of like we did in 2009? Just get together in one of the parking lots?

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Let’s do it!
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    Any interest in an unofficial Bay Area Factory Five and coffee on May 1 or 2? Is there a Dublin Factory Five group that I've heard rumors about?

Post Thanks / Like
    It’s great to finally get a response to this post, but I wish it were from those in the Northwest (where I posted).

Bummed I won’t make any of the get togethers you are talking about, I just can’t justify a 20 hour round trip drive! I bet you get a lot of guys from the greater Sacramento area if you post in the NorCal section, I certainly would have attended if I were still there.

Anyway, where are you Northwest FFR owners? Anyone heading south for Huntington Beach November 6th?

Travis, really looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labor in person! Stay safe my friend.

11. Likes Fman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sorry about Hijacking your thread BB. I'll create a new one in the general forum.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    How would you guys feel about an informal get together in April? Kind of like we did in 2009? Just get together in one of the parking lots?

A loosely organized poker run might be fun. That way we're not just sitting in a parking lot for hours. More like 3 or 4 car cruises broken up with impromptu car shows in-between. Just a thought.
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by frankeeski View Post
    A loosely organized poker run might be fun. That way we're not just sitting in a parking lot for hours. More like 3 or 4 car cruises broken up with impromptu car shows in-between. Just a thought.
    Great idea Frank. I’ll open a new thread tomorrow so we can discuss it further.

Post Thanks / Like
    We wouldn't need to make it this popular but this is the basic idea.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enth...al/ar-BB16N87q
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry about Hijacking your thread BB. I'll create a new one in the general forum.

No problem at all, at least someone is reading it! Thanks for your efforts keeping things running here. Hope to see you all in November!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a GREAT! idea Frank. Expect the "Vegas Boys" to be there for both events. Guess I'll have to keep an eye out for actual date(s) . . . With everything now-a-days being driven by the Covid stuff, We can only hope this will [actually] happen, right?

Doc
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

Post Thanks / Like

A few of us from LV are planning a PCH run April 22nd through the 27th. We are staying overnight in Santa Barbra on April 22nd and then heading up. But maybe plans could be altered?
    MK IV Build #9659, 3 link, 17's, Forte 347, Sniper EFI, power steering, built for a freak sized person with 17" Kirkey Vintage seats, RT drop trunk, RT turn signal, lots of stuff from Breeze Automotive, Wilwood brakes, paint by Jeff Miller

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Brien
    As long as the forecast is good (meaning no rain) I plan on driving the cobra down. If the forecast is bad, I’ll probably still go but will take the Prius. Either way I’ll be there.
    build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...-USRRC-vspeeds

Build School: July 14-16, 2017
    Kit purchased: July 25, 2017
    Kit delivered: September 13, 2017
    First Start: December 22, 2018
    Body painted and kit completed and drivable: July 2019 (but still not done)
    CA SB100 Registration: January 2020

Mk4 - 289 USRRC Roadster kit, Roush 427SR with Schneider Racing custom camshaft, Fitech EFI, TKO600 (.64-5th gear), 15" wheels, stock brake calipers, under car exhaust with Spintech 7000 muffler, no roll bar, Russ Thompson turn signal, removable steering wheel, and many other small upgrades and modifications

Post Thanks / Like
    BB767,
    I am a former NorCal guy who now is a bona fide North Idaho resident and plans to trailer his Coupe to Huntington Beach for the Nov 6 event if (1) it is not postponed and/or (2) the mountain passes on I-15 in Montana and northern Utah are reasonably drivable then. For me, it would be an almost-all-freeway 1,400 mile trip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Russ,
    I’m in Butte right now, just went through Idaho. Could you go via Spokane, Kennewick, and Portland? Very few passes that way. Anyway, good to hear from you. We will have to try and meet up somewhere along the way. Do you know where you are staying yet? My final decision to make the trip will be made pretty much last minute as well and will be based on weather along the route and in Huntington Beach.
    Brien

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BB767 View Post
    Hi Russ,
    I’m in Butte right now, just went through Idaho. Could you go via Spokane, Kennewick, and Portland? Very few passes that way. Anyway, good to hear from you. We will have to try and meet up somewhere along the way. Do you know where you are staying yet? My final decision to make the trip will be made pretty much last minute as well and will be based on weather along the route and in Huntington Beach.
    Brien
    Brien,
    As a veteran of trailering via both I-5 through the Cascades and Oregon 97 (Biggs to Weed) routes during the winter months, I’ll take my chances with my I-90 and I-15 route and avoid the CA fuel prices besides. Will be staying with relatives in Orange and plan to drive the car from there to HB early Sat morning. Hope to see you there.
    —Russ

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, I get it. I’ll look for the coupe with Idaho plates. I have a ‘65 vintage WA plate.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m planning on bringing my Roadster to Huntington Beach

25. Likes GWL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am planning on attending as well. I'm coming from Edmonton, Alberta Canada. I've done HB 5 times. Russ the I-15 is the easiest route.
    Not sure if I'm bringing Roadster or Spyder. Anyone know what the Salt Flats are like in November? Would love to get out on them and do a photo shoot.

Troy
    " The journey is the reward" Chinese Proverb
    FFR Roadster #5380
    FFR Spyder GT #030

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vspeeds View Post
    Hey Brien
    As long as the forecast is good (meaning no rain) I plan on driving the cobra down. If the forecast is bad, I’ll probably still go but will take the Prius. Either way I’ll be there.
    Hi Eddie,
    Don’t know why I missed this post but nice to hear from you! Not sure what I’ll do yet if it rains but sure hope to see you there.
    Brien