Happy 2021! New year! New project! I've been dreaming about this for at least 15 years. One obstacle to that dream was that for most of that time I was working overseas. Another obstacle was that I didn't have much experience working on cars other than a few oil changes as a teenager. In 2016, with the oil price drop, my company forced me into early retirement and sent me back to the US - obstacle 1 down. After getting a few weeks of settling in to life back in the Houston, I got bored. I suddenly realized I can learn how to do almost anything on Youtube. With my wife permission (of course), I started smashing our bathroom and converted a tube to a shower, add a vent fan, and replaced the window. Soon, I found a house in disrepair and spent the next three years remodeling everything. We finished it this summer, listed it ourselves and sold it in 6 days. While home renovations doesn't really help with car building, I did have to work on the old work truck that I bought for the home renovation project. After spending $2500 at the shop and not having the problem resolved, I decided to fit it myself under the direction of Youtube. After 3 years of doing my own maintenance (belt change, U-joint change, radiator swap on the side of the road, starter replacement and finally an engine swap), I have enough confidence to take on this kit - obstacle #2 down. Obviously, I have tons to learn and that's a big part of the draw for me. I had a blast at the build school with txboiler and bluemud. Looking forward to take this journey with this community.

IMG_5296.jpg

I actually received my kit just before Christmas.

My FFR Options:
FFR Complete Kit, black powder coat
Coyote full length headers w/ Cat
Coyote Power steering
Vintage gauges
Halibrand wheels, 17"
Driver and passenger roll-bars, chrome and grommet
Stainless Bumper Kit
Wind Wings
Sun Visors
Wiper Kit
Heater Defroster

Mike Forte Options:
Coyote 5.0 Gen 3
Tremec TKX with 0.68 5th
SFI Bell
Clutch Reducer

Breeze Options:
Front mount battery
Breeze 255lpm Fuel Pump
Radiator Fan Shroud
Cockpit Storage
Fuel Regulator & Return kit (not ordered yet)

Russ Thompson Options:
Turn signal
Drop Trunk Kit
Accelerator Pedal

Others Options:
IRS, 3.73 gear ratio - found at salvage yard
FFMetal Firewall forward kit
Gas-N pipes (not ordered yet)

I will have to start selling organs if want any more options.