BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: RIP Bob Boig

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

RIP Bob Boig

I heard the bad news tonight from Ryan Valin. He was following up via email and Bob's wife Ruth responded, letting him know that Bob has passed.

Bob was a great guy to talk to, and he had a real passion for the products he made. They are the highest quality, and Bob was justifiably proud of his creations.

Ryan was told the business will go forward, but it may be changing hands.

I will get more info asap. If you have an order in process I ask that you show a little patience at this time.

Please say a prayer for Bob and Ruth. This has to be hard for her right now.

RIP Bob!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

2. Thanks David Williamson, Ted G, nucjd19 thanked for this post

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Wow, sad news to say the least.

We'll be praying for him and his family.

4. Thanks AROCK thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heard the terrible news earlier tonight. I fairly recently purchased his quiet pipes. He was VERY committed to making sure you were happy with his product. He held very high quality standards for both his products and that of any other vendor that worked on his creations after leaving his shop.
    Bob will be missed.
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very sad news. My thoughts go out to his family.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bob was a great guy. I had helped him with the 35 Hot Rod P/U cooling tubes and he was super to work with. Prayers to his family.
    16+ FFR kits and counting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sad news indeed. I worked with Bob on the cool tubes for my Gen 3 Coupe and then again just a few weeks ago for the lower radiator cool tube for my truck. He mentioned in one of the calls he was having some health issues, so when several reported he wasn't taking orders or responding to calls/messages, I was afraid of something health related. Didn't expect this. Great guy with true passion for his products and your satisfaction with them. Condolences to his family.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm very sorry to read and hear this news this mourning. I know a lot of builders held Bob in such high regard for not just his workmanship of his products, but for the genuine person he was. I was also planning on using some of the things he offered in my own build. For those who have them, consider yourself lucky and your car(s)/truck(s) very special.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and closest friends during this difficult time. Bob, I know I didn't know you personally, but wherever you are, I hope it's a beautiful ride! RIP forever...

Doug
    Dj or Doug or TheLateDude
    ----- #19 of 25th Anniversary MKIV 9769 -----
    Build Link: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Slow-Progress
    Ordered: Oct 07, 2019 / Production: Dec 28th, 2019 / Shipped: Jan 19th, 2019 First Start: In the future... / Graduation: Even further in the future...

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn. I have a set of Bob’s Quiet Pipes for my Coupe sitting in my garage. I bought them last summer. I don’t even have my Coupe, yet. Bob was so friendly during the process. Called me personally 3 times because he was having supply chain issues due to COVID-19. Wanted to keep me up to date and still sent me the pipes very quickly. Super nice guy. Made me feel very welcome to the hobby. I’m so sorry to hear this.
    Drew

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll add my admiration of both Bob and his products. He was a great guy to work with and his products speak for themselves. RIP, Bob and my condolences to his wife and family.

Dave
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

12. Likes mburger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sad to hear this. I had the pleasure of speaking with Bob a few months ago. I had some questions about installing one of his products, and he was incredibly nice and helpful in guiding me through the installation. His passing is a huge loss to this community, and I'm sure a massive loss to his family.
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Although I never had any personal dealings with Bob I've seen a lot of his products on cars that have come through my shop and they always appeared to be top notch. No doubt he'll be missed in this community. My condolences to his friends and family.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I got this from Ruth Boig today:

Hi Dave, it's Ruth Boig.
    So far we have Bob's funeral planned for Wednesday January 26th at 1:00 p.m. .
    There will be visiting hours from 1:00 to 3:00, and a service at 3:00 p.m.
    Just wanted people to know so that they could plan ahead, I will be sending out a formal obituary within a couple of days, but wanted to let people know so that they could send notice to everyone so that they could save the date

If anyone is in or near Rhode Island and wish to pay your respects, info is coming soon...

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the opportunity to spend time with Bob developing the Quiet-er pipes for the 289. My car wasn't street legal yet, so he drove to my house with a prototype and test rig. We spent the day testing and tweaking. Such a great guy, so many cool stories. RIP Bob, you will be missed.
    FFR #8833 289 FIA 3-link
    1965 289, TKO600 from Forte's Parts Connection
    Body and Paint by Mike's Auto Restoration
    Picked up 3/5/2016, First start 4/22/2017, MA legal 7/11/2018
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...FIA-build-8833
    "Insanity is contagious" - Joseph Heller

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I first met Bob as a customer in 2005. He was a Manufacturing Engineer by training (Northeastern in Boston) and spent much of his career at Polaroid and then Raytheon. He was also an accomplished road racer and for some time held (and may still hold) the track record at Lime Rock Park in his class. (Fiat X-19 and Miata). He made racing parts for Mazda and the Miata to support his racing habit using his manufacturing engineering skills and local vendors in fiberglass and custom exhaust/tube bending and fabrication. He developed and sold parts for various FFR Kits through Breeze Automotive from 2006 through 2017. He then opened his own store, boigmotorsports.com, to offer his kits direct to the end-user. Bob made a significant positive impact on the FFR community and the end results many of us have achieved - and he really enjoyed doing it. Thanks for the friendship and the quality parts. RIP Bob.
    www.breezeautomotive.com 2005 FFR Mk3 Roadster, 302/340hp, MassFlo EFI, Breeze Pulleys, T5, Aluminum Flywheel, 3-link rear with Torsen Diff and 3.27:1 gears, Power Steering, Breeze Front Sway Bar, SN-95 Spindles with outboard SAI Mod, Breeze Battery Mount, QA1 Externally Adjustable Shocks, Quick Release Steering Wheel, Vintage Race seats, GM Arctic White, Sky Blue Scoop, Hidden Hinges, Billet Aluminum Side-view Mirrors, 2,183lbs wet. 1967 Mustang Fastback, Dark Moss Green, black interior, '67 14" styled steel wheels, 2000 Explorer 302 w 5.0 Cam, Quickfuel 450 CFM, 289 Hi-Po Dual exhaust, C4, lowering springs w Shelby drop.

18. Thanks David Hodgkins, ACCar-guy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Robert E. Boig of Plymouth formerly of Norwell, died peacefully on Friday January 7th at B.I.D. Hospital Plymouth. He was the beloved husband of Ruth A. (Holmes) Boig. Born in Quincy, Massachusetts on June 14, 1946, son of the late Fletcher and Margret (Turner) Boig. He was educated in Norwell and a graduate of Norwell High School. He went on to graduate from Northeastern University with his Master’s Degree. He was a Mechanical Engineer working for the Polaroid Company for about 33 and later for Raytheon. Bob was an car enthusiast and spent countless hours restoring cars from the time he was a teen. He was a four time national race car champion in Sports Club of America. He was known to be the go to guy if you needed to get something done and was a member of the Pool Committee, the Landscape Committee, and the Design Review Committee Great Island in Pine Hills in Plymouth.

Besides his loving wife Ruth he is survived by his sons, Michael Boig and his wife Brittany of Foxboro, Sean Emerson of Mansfield, and his daughter Kimberly Boig of Newburyport.
    Also survived by his grandchildren Landon and Robert Boig and Ethan and Hayden Emerson.

A celebration of Robert’s life will be held on Wednesday January 26th from 1-3 pm with a service at 3 pm at the Davis Life Celebration Funeral Home, 619 State Rd. Plymouth (Manomet). In lieu of flowers memorial donations may be made to the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation. Online guest book please visit www.cartmelldavis.com
    www.breezeautomotive.com 2005 FFR Mk3 Roadster, 302/340hp, MassFlo EFI, Breeze Pulleys, T5, Aluminum Flywheel, 3-link rear with Torsen Diff and 3.27:1 gears, Power Steering, Breeze Front Sway Bar, SN-95 Spindles with outboard SAI Mod, Breeze Battery Mount, QA1 Externally Adjustable Shocks, Quick Release Steering Wheel, Vintage Race seats, GM Arctic White, Sky Blue Scoop, Hidden Hinges, Billet Aluminum Side-view Mirrors, 2,183lbs wet. 1967 Mustang Fastback, Dark Moss Green, black interior, '67 14" styled steel wheels, 2000 Explorer 302 w 5.0 Cam, Quickfuel 450 CFM, 289 Hi-Po Dual exhaust, C4, lowering springs w Shelby drop.

20. Thanks David Hodgkins thanked for this post