Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  37
Likes Likes:  283
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ted G's 427 Cobra Build #10333 - Aluminum Spats

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ted. Hope your POL is moving in the right direction. You've been making great progress despite the delays.

A while back I read your comment about not yet receiving your Gas-N side exhaust, and you ordered them in Nov. Have you received them yet? I'm curious, as I ordered mine in Dec. and still haven't received them. I've been in contact with Georgie a few times over the last couple months, and he keeps saying they're on the way. I'll feel a bit better for both of us if you tell me yours arrived.
    Chris
    Coupe complete kit delivered: 4/22/24. Build Thread. Coyote. T-56. IRS w/3.55. Wilwoods. PS. HVAC. Side windows.
    MK4 Complete kit. Build Thread Index. Delivered: 10/15/2020. Legal: 7/25/23. Coyote Gen3. TKO600 (0.64 OD). IRS w/3.55. PS. Wilwoods. Sway bars. This build is dedicated to my son, Benjamin. Build Thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 460.465USMC View Post
    Hi Ted. Hope your POL is moving in the right direction. You've been making great progress despite the delays.

A while back I read your comment about not yet receiving your Gas-N side exhaust, and you ordered them in Nov. Have you received them yet? I'm curious, as I ordered mine in Dec. and still haven't received them. I've been in contact with Georgie a few times over the last couple months, and he keeps saying they're on the way. I'll feel a bit better for both of us if you tell me yours arrived.
    Unfortunately, my side pipes have not arrived and he has ghosted my over the past few weeks. Hope he is still in business. In regards to the POL, I am getting deliveries, but not exactly the parts I need. I am still missing bushing for my IRS and a few items for the front suspension. I also have no gas tank. I am working on my fuel lines this weekend and going to start the carbon fiber dash.

Ted
    Last edited by Ted G; 05-30-2022 at 11:20 AM.
    #10333 Complete Kit, Carbed 427w, TKX, IRS and many other upgrades

• Order Date: September 11, 2021 - 20th Anniversary of 9/11
    • Delivery Day: April 1, 2022 - April Fool's Day
    • First Start and Go-Kart: January 20th, 2023
    • Graduation Date: July 4th, 2023 - Independence Day!!
    • Legal Registration Date: October 4, 2023 - My Birthday!!

Visit my MKIV Build Thread (#10333)

3. Likes Springsyeti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Brake and Fuel Lines ready to go!

Tomorrow will be exactly two months since I got delivery from FFR.

Been a busy few weeks with graduations, new job, and life in general. My POL list is slowing me down a bit, but I'm finding things to do when I have the time. The past few weeks I've focused on brake lines, fuel lines and some permanent aluminum. I also installed my steering rack, front sway bar, and custom e-brake mod.

Here are a few pictures of the Fuel lines run; I went with 5/16" and decided to run a return line in the same size:
    Fuel1.jpg Fuel2.jpg Fuel3.jpg

I also ran my brake lines to the front and rear:
    FrontBrake1.JPG RearBrake1.JPG RearBrake2.JPG RearBrake3.JPG

I also did this little video of everything up till now:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJCKuZWX8lU

I am looking forward to starting the dash and my reservoirs soon while I wait on POL parts. I am currently waiting on parts for front suspension, rear suspension, steering parts, gas tank, etc. Having a blast even though the waiting game seems never ending.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you get tired of waiting for the gas tank, not the most expensive part I decided to source else where so I could keep moving. Not sure why these are POL (I still haven't received mine either) it seems to be a pretty common part and readily available from a lot of sources.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    MK4 Complete Kit #10315 / Coyote G3 / TKX / 427 HardTop
    Build Thread Production Date: 2/26/22, Registered 5/19/22, Graduated 3/1/2023

6. Likes Ted G liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    They have the gas tanks but are waiting until the covers come in to ship out all together in June
    Mk4 Roadster, Complete Kit, 302 Carb. Blueprint, T5, IRS, Power Steering, Hydraulic Clutch, Wilwoods, 15" Halibrands, Ordered August 2021, Completion March 2022, First Start 6/22/22, First Drive 6/26/22

8. Thanks Ted G thanked for this post
    Likes Ted G, JeffP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Send a message to FF. They sent rear bushings last week and I was able to get things moving there. We are still waiting on the fuel tank also and a pillow bearing for the steering. We have been ordering fasteners from McMaster car or at the hardware store to keep moving. Looking good though!
    m

10. Likes Ted G liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Springsyeti View Post
    We are still waiting on the fuel tank also and a pillow bearing for the steering.
    I'm using this pillow block bearing, fit perfect and pretty much the same as what FFR supplies.

https://www.mcmaster.com/2353K32/
    My build thread https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Roadster-Build

Thread on Stainless Steel AN brake lines.

Thread on fasteners and torque wrenches.

12. Likes Ted G liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Triple Reservoirs

Work and POL are getting in the way of progress!

Anyway, I completed my triple reservoirs this past weekend. I used the FFR reservoirs and I think they turned out pretty good. I started with a max of 11" guideline and "stepped" the brackets. I wanted to insure that they would be level and I fabricated a custom bracket from 1/8" x 3" 6063 Aluminum. The blue line is my level mark on the chassis; that'll be my guide.

Fab1.jpg Fab2.jpg Fab3.jpg Fab4.JPG Fab5.jpg

I also made two small brackets for my blast gate cables and did a little custom fabrication on the blast gates and added stainless 90* tubes. I lightly polished all brackets.

Fab8.JPG Fab9.JPG Fab10.JPG

Here is the final Triple Reservoirs:

Fab6.jpg Fab7.JPG

Lastly, I started the Dynomat heat shields and sound barrier in the footboxes. Pics to come later.

Ted
    Go Build Something
    Last edited by Ted G; 06-06-2022 at 10:20 PM.

14. Likes 460.465USMC, Fman, AgileYeti, JB in NOVA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot wait to see what the engine bay looks like with the engine in and body on. That blue frame, my goodness, will look insanely amazing! Can't wait to see it.
    Complete novice who doesn't know what he's doing.
    MKIV with BPE 347 & TKX. IRS. A crap ton of mods.
    Build thread

16. Thanks Ted G thanked for this post
    Likes Ted G liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zee View Post
    I cannot wait to see what the engine bay looks like with the engine in and body on. That blue frame, my goodness, will look insanely amazing! Can't wait to see it.
    Thank you. Yes, I envisioned a colored frame for quite some time and settled on the "old" Ford blue color. The Anniversary editions are what got me thinking about other than black.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted G View Post
    Thank you. Yes, I envisioned a colored frame for quite some time and settled on the "old" Ford blue color. The Anniversary editions are what got me thinking about other than black.
    I too want a coloured frame. I just can't figure out what colour. So I am eagerly waiting to see what yours look like :-).

Otherwise I'll just go with silver or something.

What will your engine look like?
    Complete novice who doesn't know what he's doing.
    MKIV with BPE 347 & TKX. IRS. A crap ton of mods.
    Build thread

19. Likes Ted G liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zee View Post
    I too want a coloured frame. I just can't figure out what colour. So I am eagerly waiting to see what yours look like :-).

Otherwise I'll just go with silver or something.

What will your engine look like?
    I went with a shade that would compliment my body color. I am going a very, very dark blue. I also thought about silver, but I am having a lot of polished aluminum on my engine and wanted a contrast. Engine will be a stroked 351w to 427.

21. Likes zee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking great, Ted! I love that 90* stainless for your blast gate. It looks really sharp and like a great idea! ...might have to swipe that one The fuel lines are rockin with that guard on too. Keep it up and you are going to be driving by fall
    MK IV Roadster #10331. Ordered 08/2021 - Delivered 03/2022. Complete Kit, 351w, TKX, 3-link suspension, 3.55 gears. Build Thread for Dorthy

23. Likes Ted G liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AgileYeti View Post
    Looking great, Ted! I love that 90* stainless for your blast gate. It looks really sharp and like a great idea! ...might have to swipe that one The fuel lines are rockin with that guard on too. Keep it up and you are going to be driving by fall
    Yes, I thought they were a good idea and looked really sharp. I did have to manipulate the blast gates a bit (belt sander) to get these to fit. Here is where I got them:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081PQPF37...roduct_details

Ted

25. Likes AgileYeti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted G View Post
    CaptB, yes they are awesome, but my experience with them was really weird.

The sales person was so unhelpful and said I could not do what I wanted to do (color of the gauges). She said I could only have a "logo" on them and had to use their colors on the background (even though the software allows you to add your color as a jpg). Then, she said that I could not do stripes on the speedo or fuel level either. When I said that they had stripes as an example on their website, she claimed it was a mistake and they could not do that anymore. I asked if I could speak with the person in the art department, she said we don't let them speak with the public. This was just so strange!! So I agreed with their color background and doing just logos.

Finally, in the end, the person in the art department sent me my proofs. We had a to make a little change and then I asked the art person if I could do a navy blue background... and she said no problem. Then, I asked if I could add stripes and I have the artwork for them... She promptly sent me back with proofs with everything I wanted!! What the heck?

Seems the sales person didn't know much, but the art person was friendly, accommodating and gave me complete customer satisfaction. I am very happy with my gauges after all that.
    It's interesting as I have had a very similar experience with them for my 69 Camaro. I am assuming the "she" was the same individual I dealt with about a year ago. Same thing - "we can't do that" then did it, etc. I love my gauges but the buying experience left a lot to be desired. Go figure.

27. Likes Ted G liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Front end and dash start

Happy Father's Day!! My gift from my kids was a full day in the garage... what could be better than that?

Had a great weekend with my amazing girlfriend and our kids... Today was all about being in the garage working on 10333. The past few weeks have been difficult to work on her because I started a new job and have been literally drinking from a fire hose!! However, I was able to work a little bit here and there. But today was very productive!

I really wanted to finish the front end, so I purchased a few of the backordered items so I could move forward. I set up my Wilwood disc brakes months ago as I anticipated backorders on them. Thank you to Mike Forte for getting them sent out in a timely manner and even saving me a few dollars. I event was able to put my wheels on!! Wow, this just puts everything into different perspective! Here are a few pictures of my completed front end, brakes and wheels (although I am still waiting on my recently ordered Moog tie-rod ends):

Hub.JPG Brakes.JPG Wheels.JPG Wheels3.jpg Wheels2.jpg

I also have been working on the dash for a while now. Measuring, making adjustments, re-measuring, making adjustments, etc. The Carbon fiber dash is so sleek, but so unforgiving. I cut each hole about 1/8" to 1/4" too small and then barrel sanded them to where I needed them. Dust, Dust, Dust!!!! I think it turned out great, but I still need to add indicator signals, start switch, and the lower bar of switches. I am also adding a condensed version of the Whitby box below...details will be figured out over time. I am very happy with my custom gauges from Speedhut and I think they'll look great after the body is painted to match. My decision on the dash was to "center" the striped speedo and striped fuel gauge. I went with oversized tach (4 1/2"), Oil Temp and Water Temp (2 5/8"). Here are some shots:

Dash1.JPG Dash2.JPG Dash3.JPG Dash4.JPG Dash5.JPG

Hope you all had a great Father's Day!

Ted

29. Thanks toadster thanked for this post
    Likes toadster, CABulldog, AgileYeti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Electrical work commences

Well, after a few weeks of my job taking over, I'm back to the build. Although I did squeeze in a few hours here and there after work a few times.

I enjoy electrical work, but it does take some time to really plan out everything. Starting on the electrical really made me re-think my lower dash/console options. I decided to run the rear harness through the transmission cover along with the seat heater wires and a couple other circuits as I really want the engine bay to have a super clean look. I also wanted my trans cover to be removable.... hmmmm can I accomplish this?

I decided to cut the trans cover and have the most forward part of the trans cover permanently attached. The console will also be completely removable and all switches will be able to be "unplugged" when removed. My dash will be set up to also be completely removable and "unplugged" if needed. My reasoning for this is to resolve any future problems back there with ease. Here are few fabrication pictures:

lowerdash5.jpg lowerdash4.jpg lowerdash3.jpg lowerdash2.jpg Lowerdash1.jpg

My transmission tunnel and this console will be eventually covered in black leather. This is roughly what the finish look of the lower dash/console will look like:

lowerdash6.jpg

More pictures to come as I modify, improve on, and complete the rough electrical. I am also adding a few new circuits for seat heaters, extra lighting, and my footbox fans.

Ted
    Last edited by Ted G; 07-08-2022 at 11:13 AM.

31. Thanks toadster, CABulldog thanked for this post
    Likes toadster, CABulldog liked this post
    25th Anniversary #9772 toadster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    looks awesome Ted! Great idea with the rear harness!
    Last edited by toadster; 07-09-2022 at 11:12 AM.
    Todd
    25th Anniversary MkIV | #20 of 25 | Build #9772
    https://cobradreams.com/ <- my build!

Post Thanks / Like

FINALLY!!! POL parts come for IRS

Well, after 3 1/2 months of waiting, I finally received my IRS Bushings and toe linkage adjuster.

Bushings.JPG

Now I can finish the rear end and move forward. I purchased and received the center section, spindles and hubs from Mike Forte months ago. I prepped with POR 15 in the sharp Ford Blue Engine enamel and painted the spindles with Eastwood's 2X cast aluminum silver. I was just waiting on the front center section bushings and the linkage adjuster to complete it all. Now I get to put it all together.

I figured I needed a second pair of hands for this job, but I was so excited to get it together, that I attempted a self install of the center section. With help from my ceiling lift, floor jack and some tie-downs, I was able to get it in. Three bolts went in like a charm, but that last one took some manipulating and a bunch of cursing! Here is a few pictures from the center section install:

CenterSection6.JPG CenterSection5.JPG CenterSection4.JPG
    CenterSection3.JPG CenterSection2.JPG CenterSection1.JPG

On to the axles, spindles and hubs:

Axle.JPG Spindle_hub2.JPG

Then, I started on the brakes! Unfortunately, I over torqued the one of the bolts that mount the caliper and could stripped the nut. Basically had to remove the whole stud with an easy-out but luckily I was able to source both the nut and stud from Summit Racing and that arrived really quickly. Love those guys!

In the next post, I'll post pics of the brakes and wheels mounted!

Ted
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ted G; 07-12-2022 at 10:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally, got the rear end completed with just one mistake on over torquing one of the caliper nuts..... Note to self, "make sure you are reading the correct torque specs. Aluminum nuts on a steel stud do not torque to 77 lbs", basically I read 77 and not the 30lbs of torque. Here is the result of my mistake:

Stripped stud2.JPG

Fortunately, I was able to fix this problem fairly quickly thanks to Summit, a broken easy-out, and a pair of vise grips.

Moving on, I finished the brakes and even got the ebrake completed with a slight modification of the custom bracket I made. I need the bracket to be cut back so that the clevis or cables would not rub up against them. Here was my original design:

ebrake15.JPG

And the new design:

ebrakemount.JPG

Brake cables and fluid lines complete! I may need to re-address the fluid line. I think an 90 degree bend from the caliper will be a better scenario than this 45 degree bend. I'll wait to see what it looks like once weight is on the wheels. Any input is well received!!

RearEndDone.JPG

I just had to put the wheels on to see the stout stance #10333 will have:

Next up, more electrical and fuel tank.

Ted #10333
    Last edited by Ted G; 07-12-2022 at 10:56 AM.

35. Likes toadster, Fman, Tim B liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    awesome job Ted! Glad you figured out your caliper item - I know that's frustrating!

also, that ebrake bracket looks awesome! all the hidden artwork on these cars!
    Todd

37. Likes Ted G liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lower Dash work...

Work has been crazy, but I've been able to finish/start a few items. I was happy to get all my brakes bled last weekend and I added oil to the IRS center section. Now I can start on the fuel tank this weekend. I've decided to ditch my hard lines and run flexible lines instead.

I have also really been focusing on the electrical system and trying to get the majority of it buttoned up behind the dash and lower dash. Here are some shots of my custom Witby box I re-fabricated:

Lowerdash1.JPG Transtunnel.JPG
    You can see the original Witby box and how I wanted it to cover the front of the trans tunnel. With that thought, I decided to cut the trans tunnel and make part of it permanent with the rear harness and a few other circuits coming up from below. This console will be completely removable and all circuits will have the ability to disconnect.

WitbyBox2.JPG WitbyBox1.JPG Back.JPG
    I made a modification to the Witby box and lowered the center portion so the harness would have a little better access as this box is fairly close to the 2x2 cross member. You can see the wiring on the back. These switches will be for footbox lights, cubby lights, under hood lights and a future. The center switch is for ignition cut off. I also have USB, 12v outlet and seat heater switches.

WitbyBox4.JPG Witbybox3.JPG
    Finally, I found a great looking dash vinyl wrap that very closely matches the carbon fiber dash. This took a while and two tries to get the wrap just perfect. I think it turned out pretty good. I temporarily put it in place, but the final install will go just before I'm ready to install the dash.

Next up... Fuel tank, filter, hoses (supply and return) and fuel regulator. And more dash work.

39. Likes Fman, toadster, facultyofmusic, CaptB, Tim B liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like them red switches, where did you get them?
    FFR Roadster Delivered 9/16/21
    Forte 427 Fuel Injected with TKX Transmission
    Forte's Axle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptB View Post
    I like them red switches, where did you get them?
    Thanks CaptB! yes, they are much sturdier than the FFR ones and they are sharp. They come in black or red and I got them on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PHXQFBW...roduct_details

42. Likes CaptB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking Sharp! Do you have any idea what the body color will be? Really curious what your going to marry that blue frame to.
    MK4 #10008 - Ordered 10/06/20, Delivered 03/03/21, First Start 7/22/21, First Go Kart 7/24/21
    Paint by Metal Morphous 5/14/22, Legally registered 6/8/22, Graduated 7/20/22
    Build Thread https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...been-delivered
    Complete Kit, Ford 306, Sniper/Dual Sync, T5, Hydraulic clutch

Post Thanks / Like
    IMG-6496 (1).jpg
    Here's mine (the will be completely straight when finished), sure would like to find those in Green as that will be my color.

Great work though.
    Forte's Axle

45. Likes Ted G liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptB View Post
    IMG-6496 (1).jpg
    Here's mine (the will be completely straight when finished), sure would like to find those in Green as that will be my color.

Great work though.
    Like these?

https://www.amazon.com/Twidec-Automa...-1063388191832
    MK4 #10008 - Ordered 10/06/20, Delivered 03/03/21, First Start 7/22/21, First Go Kart 7/24/21

47. Likes Ted G liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzboy54 View Post
    Those are maybe a little too green! :-)
    Forte's Axle

49. Likes Ted G liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Ted,

I've been enjoying reading your thread, and living vicariously through your impressive build. I know it has been hot in EDH but wanted to send you some encouragement...looking forward seeing to your next move!

51. Thanks Ted G thanked for this post
    Likes toadster, Ted G liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Heater Box Complete

I've been slow to post, but I have a lot accomplished in the past month as I am patiently waiting on my engine build. The problem has been getting the block.

I buttoned up many loose ends over the past few weeks including the custom heater box I fabricated. I read about several builds where the heater would draw in hot air from the engine compartment even when the heater was off. Here in Northern California, bringing in any amount of heat when not wanted is not good. I saw someone build a heater box (sorry, I can't remember who) and I thought that was a good idea and thought maybe I can improve on the look a bit. I've also hear of some just wrapping the heater in the Summer with a swim cap... not for me.

So, my plan is to encase the heater with aluminum and draw air only from the passenger footbox. I figure this will keep out engine heat during the Summer from just creeping in through the heater.

First, I pulled out the sheet metal brake to make my version of the heater box.
    IMG_5237.JPG IMG_5238.JPG IMG_5239.JPG IMG_5240.JPG

Then I had to open make sure the heater would actually fit.
    IMG_5243.JPG IMG_5244.JPG IMG_5330.JPG

Lastly, I made my openings for the electrical and the vent coming from the passenger footbox. I scratched my head over this for some time as I wanted it to look sharp but be very functional and have good air flow.
    IMG_5335.JPG IMG_5338.JPG

Overall, I am happy with the somewhat crude design, but I think not only will it be functional, I think it will look pretty cool.

Ted
    Last edited by Ted G; 09-05-2022 at 07:42 PM.

53. Likes Mike.Bray, Chopper, Fman, 460.465USMC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow Ted that looks awesome!!
    Todd

55. Thanks Ted G thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is so cool. It's hard to innovate something totally new. Really well done.
    Last edited by Blitzboy54; 09-07-2022 at 10:07 AM.

57. Thanks Ted G thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

More updates to trunk/drop box

Another update to my build over the past two weeks. I finished up the trunk area and the Breeze cubby wall.
    This was my customization of the frame I did a few months back:
    DropBoxMod2.JPG

I finally got to the point where I could install the aluminum panels in this area (I was waiting for rear end and fuel tank). Here are a few shots of the trunk area with the customized/modified BREEZE drop trunk box that included an area for the battery with easy access. You can also see my battery posts on the left for charging/jumping. On the right, I have my latching switch for the trunk and battery area lighting.
    BatteryBox.JPG Trunk1.JPG Trunk2.JPG Trunklights.jpg

Here is the cubby area. I notched the wall for the trunk struts and I also moved the struts over just a bit to clear the roll bar as it is a 1.75" roll bar. Notice the Breeze wall is covered with a carbon fiber sheet. Even though this will be hard to see, I think it'll give a touch of that cool factor once completed and will match my dash and lower dash. Of course, this will all be covered in Dynamat and carpet (except the carbon fiber wall).

Cubby1.JPG Cubby2.JPG Witbybox3.JPG

Lastly, I am thinking about just having the hoop for my roll bar. Still contemplating that idea.

Cubby3.JPG

Ted
    Last edited by Ted G; 09-08-2022 at 02:05 PM.

59. Likes Fman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice custom touches, Ted. I'm looking for ideas for trunk lighting. Sorry if you posted earlier and I missed, but would you mind sharing the source for your LED string across the trunk hoop (shown above)?
    Chris
    Coupe complete kit delivered: 4/22/24. Build Thread. Coyote. T-56. IRS w/3.55. Wilwoods. PS. HVAC. Side windows.
    MK4 Complete kit. Build Thread Index. Delivered: 10/15/2020. Legal: 7/25/23. Coyote Gen3. TKO600 (0.64 OD). IRS w/3.55. PS. Wilwoods. Sway bars. This build is dedicated to my son, Benjamin. Build Thread.

61. Likes Ted G liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice on the LED and the carbon fiber sheet in the trunk. Can u share the product used to cover the wall? Thank You. Tom.
    Mk4 #10605 Ordered 5/28/2022. Received 3/18/2023
    Build Thread https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roaster-Build

63. Likes Ted G liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 460.465USMC View Post
    Nice custom touches, Ted. I'm looking for ideas for trunk lighting. Sorry if you posted earlier and I missed, but would you mind sharing the source for your LED string across the trunk hoop (shown above)?
    Hey Chris, thanks for the nice words. I got the lighting from Amazon and am very happy with the lighting, waterproof strip and the stickiness of the adhesive on the back. Good stuff at a good price. Here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GWXZWGG...roduct_details

And here is the switch I purchased... it's a nice all aluminum 30mm button:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095PJJKGC...roduct_details

Ted

65. Thanks 460.465USMC thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmosrcool View Post
    Very nice on the LED and the carbon fiber sheet in the trunk. Can u share the product used to cover the wall? Thank You. Tom.

Thanks Gismosrcool! Yes, I like this stuff and it matches almost perfect with my cf dashboard. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09NQFT298...roduct_details

Ted

Post Thanks / Like
    Great build thread,
    My Mk4 has a 427w also, but in 2012 the drivers footbox sheet metal did not accommodate this well. (As in zero spark plug access and headers are a nightmare) Do you have any pics of the footbox sheetmetal engine side and top side (master cylinders looking down) for me to compare? I know it was changed, I just have not seen pictures.

68. Likes Ted G liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it's been a while since I posted. New job, family stuff and just plain old life. But, I have been advancing the build of #10333 to some extent. Last weekend I fitted the body for the first time since the build and yes, I had some issues like everyone else. The Breeze Cubby was almost an inch too high and kept the body too high. I also had an issue with one end of the Forward Firewall and the FFR firewall extension. Low and behold, a little trimming did the job. I am very happy with the dash placement and how everything is coming together. Body will be going to my painter (Ken Pike) next week for initial body work. My motor is almost complete (Elliot Franklin of Mustang Corral) and I should be picking that up in the next few weeks. I cannot wait to go-kart this thing and I am hoping that'll happen by the end of the year.

Here is a few pics of the problems:

Dash.JPG passenger side dash.JPG rear wall.JPG

Here is a few pics of the fitting:

IMG_5519.jpg IMG_5520.jpg IMG_5516.jpg IMG_5517.jpg

and the undercoating of the body:
    IMG_5510.jpg IMG_5512.jpg

Ted
    Last edited by Ted G; 11-04-2022 at 03:26 PM.

70. Likes Mike.Bray, 460.465USMC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ted. Good to see an update on your build. Congrats on the new job! That's exciting you will get the body off to your body/paint guy soon.

I have the Breeze cubby as well. I suspect I will have the same issue with it raising the body. What tool did you use to trim the Breeze cubby with it in place? (In hindsight, I wish I would have thought to fit the body before installing it permanently. Not going to remove it now with the ThermoTec and carpet).
    Chris

72. Likes Ted G liked this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast