Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Tom's Vero Beach FL MK4 Build - Fuel System

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on your order. You're in for an excellent adventure. Your story of starting near the end of your career is similar to mine. Except I didn't stop after retirement. I know. I have a problem... Some comments about your list:

• Strongly suggest not going with J-pipes. You have a nice higher level build going there and you'll be much happier with headers versus the more economical J-pipes. Both performance and durability. Factory Five headers with the ball flanges are excellent. Or you could go Gas-N along with the suggested Gas-N side pipes. You'll get opinions about each.
    • You might want to think about ordering your engine now too. DART based products currently have a long lead time.
    • The black vinyl Roadster seats are fine IMO. The leather version (if that's what you're thinking of for an upgrade) are nice. But not a huge upgrade IMO. I've had both.
    • Yes you need the driveshaft adapter.
    • Yes you can delete gauges for a credit. Nearly everything can be deleted for a credit. Just don't expect a fortune. I suspect the amount is something around their cost. Not what they sell for.
    • Not aware that FF sells a heater/A-C system for the Roadster. Guys have squeezed them in. But not sure the details. Good question to keep asking.
    • I'd recommend sourcing your EFI in-tank components elsewhere. They're very common, widely available, lots of choices, and likely cheaper. Depending on the engine you end up with, you may find the kit provided fuel lines are marginal. If you change them, the kit provided in-tank components may not be your best choice.
    • I'd also recommend adding the 16808 Trunk Gas Strut Kit. A good deal at $50.00 and will keep the trunk lid from falling on your head. Just happen to know that. Their floor mats are great quality, fit perfectly, and protect the carpet which is fine for everywhere else but will wear quickly on the floors if not protected. Most also do wind wings and visors. But that's a personal choice. Like most everything.

Good luck!
    Last edited by edwardb; 05-28-2022 at 11:16 PM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.