Quote Originally Posted by lahrs37 View Post
Unfortunately, I did not go the extra step to degree it. That is something I definitely am regretting right now. I was pretty sure I nailed the timing chain. I did a lot reading and watching before putting it on. The #1 piston was definitely all the way up and the dots lined up. I guess its possible that I was on the exhaust stroke and not the compression stroke...
You don't have to degree the cam. The reason you want to is to ensure the cam you have matches the cam card that came with the part. If you degree it, and it doesn't fall into spec with the card, you have the wrong cam. It's piece of mind knowing that piece of the puzzle is right.

if you were on the exhaust stroke when you set that chain on, your timing would be 180 degrees out. And yes, it's very possible that it is. Hence your symptoms. If your facing a tear down to ensure the timing chain is aligned properly, go the extra step to degree the cam while your at it. if you don't have a degree wheel, you can use mine. I'm about an hour from you near Pottstown.