Hi everyone,

As the title might suggest above, I'm still trying to figure everything out as far as cost for things. I figured it'd be worth going into what I'd like to do first, and what my expectations for that are.

• The car would primarily be used as a daily driver. Possible scca racing and occasional car shows more than likely.
  • The most complicated repair I've done is replace the brakes on a car. I'm expecting to need a decent number of tools.
  • I'm considering buying pretty much everything new, or at least with warranties. Just makes me feel more comfortable.
  • From looking at a lot of build threads, I think I'm pretty sold on the idea of using a coyote engine.
  • I'd like my wife to be able to keep the car if something were to ever happen to me, so an automatic transmission is a must.
  • A/C is a must, interior things like a navigation screen would be an nice to have.
  • Either roll up or powered windows are a must. It rains quite a bit where I live.
  • I'd more than likely be be farming out body work and paint to a professional. I'd be doing just about everything else with my dad and father-in-law.
  • I'm in Florida, which is probably relevant in regards to having assistance on the project.

Overall, I'm expecting the build to be around $50-60k; probably on the higher end.

With that in mind, the questions I have right now are:

• If the transmission requires frame modifications, which it sounds like some autos would, how much does something like that cost? I'd consider doing this work myself if I absolutely knew I could do it safely. But, since I'm planning on driving the car on the streets I'd rather not put myself, or anyone else, at risk.
  • Does my expected budget sound like it's in the right ballpark with all of the above in consideration?

Thanks for any advice here