Quote Originally Posted by 460.465USMC View Post
Hi BrewCity. Did you have to modify the Wilwood cables you used, or did they fit well out of the box? Also, where did you source them?

Thanks for posting your e-brake pictures. I will be tackling this soon. I also did the Edwardb pulley mod, and from your pictures now see I probably should have left my transmission tunnel panels just Cleco'd in place until I have the e-brake installed.

Chris,

Yeah, I had to shorten the length of the "sheath" on the cables so they would end at the bracket just above the rear diff input shaft. To do so I removed the cable from the sheath and then cut the sheath with a cutoff wheel. I was surprised how thick those things are. I haven't done so yet but eventually I'll need to shorten the cables themselves as well but I'm waiting a bit as Wilwood recommends actuating the system a few times to allow the cables to stretch and settle in a little. Once I'm comfortable I'm done adjusting the cables I'll cut those as well. The extra length makes it a lot easier to handle and manipulate them for now.

As for sourcing - I actually just ordered them from Amazon "Wilwood 330-9371 Parking Brake Cable Kit." That model number has the correct "barrel" style end that jives with the Wilwood-style e-brake calipers that come with the Wilwood rear brake kit for the IRS.

I think you should be fine with the panels instaled so long as you have the pulleys in place. I ultimately trimmed my aluminum in place before removing the panels for powdercoating.