BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  36

Thread: MKIV9769 #19of25th Anniversary “Quarter-Past-Half Time Machine" Build: BAC2TheFuture

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

MKIV9769 #19of25th Anniversary “Quarter-Past-Half Time Machine" Build: BAC2TheFuture

THIS IS A REALLY LONG READ, SO I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND AND JUST SKIP IT

Hello TFFForum Family! I’m sorry. I’m sorry. Just like a 19 year old kid (ME back in the day) never showing up on time, I still yearn back for those years gone by… Anyway, I know I’m late! This was actually somewhat kind of part of my plan, no really? Okay, yeah --- I’m really late! Better late than never as they say, but you know… I’ve had a lot going on and who doesn’t! Like all of you, it’s a matter of balancing time and money and then more time and even more money <repeat>… I figure I better get something out here, even though I’m not that far along, I’ve been taking pictures and will work on documenting my build, but it will be in spurts and not a traditional build log like so many others. I’m planning a 5 year build to get it on the road.

Breaking this into the following – WTLDR: WAY TOO LONG DIDN’T READ
    > Background story and Thank You’s (A very long read but is necessary to tell)
    > MKIV#9769: 19of25th Anniversary “Quarter-Past-Half Time Machine" Build…
    > Build Expectations and Specifications
    > Build Dedication

Background Story and Thank You
    I obviously wanted to do a build thread for a few reasons… The main one, I too want to keep a record of my journey as another Factory Five MK4 Roadster that was “Built Not Bought”! My dream, my project for which I brought into reality just like so many others on here has done before me. I’m taking more pics and vids that will be shared, but it’s to completely document my build and have record of this special build, that and of course, to gain any feedback and I’m sure many of you do the same.

I’m not planning on trying to reinvent the wheel, as to say. I mean, lets face it, I stand in the shadow of giants that have come and sadly even gone before my time. And I'm just so honored, and I will proudly stand in the shadows of some of these absolute fantastic builds. I will do what just makes sense to me. I don’t want to regret anything that could make it my best, and pay homage; to my dream, this family community, the 25th Edition and of course, Factory Five Racing! To say, if a builder has done something that I really like, I’ll surely want to use it and of course will give credit to that member or name of that someone who inspired me or even them. However, I do hope to find ways to make my build a little different and move to the left or right of the shadow and add a twinkle to the countless wonderful ideas and implementations from so many other brilliant builds. Perhaps I’ll do something that others will like and can either copy or build on it, like I’m doing already on mine, from all of you and your excellent ideas. I can only hope this build will inspire someone else on their own build and perhaps avoid any pitfalls too. Since my goal is to be a good student and become a teacher once it’s done. Again, like so many of you have shared your knowledge.

Ever since I’ve joined The Factory Five Forum back only a short time ago (short of 2+ years) my only regret is/was not getting on the site much sooner! This really is a very cool community and to be a part of it is very special. There is so much talent and wonderful folks out here that have helped and are helping each and every day. For those of us who will no doubt need to tap the; knowledge, wisdom and sharing of the community, and utilize the expertise in order to accomplish or conquer a major problem(s) they are having. I know my turn will be coming soon, where I too will need to get over a hurdle and so, well, I want to give a prior “Thanks” for future help and guidance too. So, again, “Thanks” for having me too!

Anyway, I decided long ago that if I ever got the chance to build my dream project, I would try to document it with lots of pictures and even some video along the way. I think in the end, I’ll let the process help lead, guide and even set a pace too. I want to take-in each and every moment, and savor the time. I want to freeze every moment and capture every single piece of the process, and then I’ll have something that I’ll be able to look back on and relive all the excitement that I’m still feeling right now. Even as I type this all these years and months later, the joy and jubilation “F5 Spark” has not died and will only glow brighter and brighter until my days end! I’m only building this one dream, since for me, there really isn’t any other car I want to drive or build. This is the one! This one is special! I’m going to give it my all and build me the ultimate dream car, for me anyway!

I hope that my build journal will help or inspire at least one person with something that I do. If I can get a positive response, where they copy something I do, then all the better! But if nothing else, at least my build journal will contribute my small chapter in this vast library of memorable journey’s, and to be forever a part of all these special “Built Not Bought” book of stories. To have it here up on the digital shelf book, yeah, that truly really is the honor! To secure a place amongst all of you and to continue the legacy of dreams made real. These are real life adventures being played out, most likely from dreams and fantasies even. Each one brought to life, reaching a nirvana state with an ever-life-changing experience!

*NOTE: Much more of the background story can be found in my About Me and my very first post to Dave Smith and all of Factory Five Racing Community.
    About Me: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/memb...28123-ydousurf
    Welcome and Introductions [POST #54]:
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...resident/page2
    Last edited by ydousurf; 11-02-2021 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Grammar and Typos
    Dj or Doug or TheLateDude
    ----- #19 of 25th Anniversary MKIV 9769 -----
    Build Link: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Slow-Progress
    Ordered: Oct 07, 2019 / Production: Dec 28th, 2019 / Shipped: Jan 19th, 2019 First Start: In the future... / Graduation: Even further in the future...

2. Likes Ted G liked this post