Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Tom's Vero Beach FL MK4 Build - Fuel System

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tom's Vero Beach FL MK4 Build - Fuel System

Hi Everyone.

Tom here. I ordered a roadster today and looks like 9 months lead time. This will give me time to get the garage in order, figuring out many details, and likely ordering tools and parts.

I have been lurking and stealthy popping in and out of the forums for many years. Going back to 2014. It has been a number of years and I have enjoyed all the builds and articles and how everyone supports each other. I am still working and thought of retiring in a few years and then do a kit. Then Covid hit. Why wait? Tomorrow is not promised and it would suck to keep husting, thinking you will do it later in life and bamo, life gets in the way. I have been following Namrups build over in the 65 coupe area and he is inspiring. A lot of the builds and the community support inspire me. I have full wife support and ready to go.

I live in Vero Beach FL, and as indicated, I am working. My wife and I are reverse snowbirds. We come down in Jan-Feb to spend time with family and grandkids and head to MD in August or September. We like the fall and first part of winter in MD and spend time with family in MD for the holidays. Then bolt for FL. I plan to work on the car mostly on the weekends in between family and grandkid time. Plus after work when the temp is not so bad in the garage. The 9 months is ok and hopefully will arrive once we are back and settled. I work in IT security and work plenty of evenings and weekend and pile up time. I plan to take off a week here and there and bust out chunks when I can. It may take me time and a few years and that is ok. If I can complete in time for retirement then it will all work out. Once complete. I would like to autocross. Maybe Hotrod PowerTour. I love road trips and that is my thing on my motorcycle. It would be fun to do it in a FF. Only thing is it may have less storage than my Harley Ultra. Yikes.

Cosmetically I plan to model after CSX600 which is a 427. But not sure if I want a 427 as the power plant and think a stout Dart based 347 may be better for me. This is my FF order. I have different list for FF vendor options and i'll post later. I am sure time will fly. Appreciate any feedback. Thank You. Tom

Mk4 Complete Kite
    NO Powder Coat Chassis - Will do a silver color locally
    J-pipes: 87-95 Mustang 5.0L donor (Can I delete/credit?) I would like to go with GASN
    302/351W Mounts - Either a SBF 347 or 351 stroked to a 408. Either one is a lot. Dart based
    Hydraulic Clutch Master Cylinder Kit
    31 spline driveshaft for 302/351W with Tremec TKX/TKO transmission and 2015 IRS
    Body Cut-outs
    Black Vinyl Roadster Seats (Do I upgrade? Not sure)
    Power steering kit (requires pump and bracket)
    Standard Width Tubular Front Lower Control Arms
    2015 Mustang-based Independent Rear Suspension Kit with KONI coil-overs, tubular control arms, and CV axles
    2015-2017 Mustang IRS Manual Driveshaft Adapter (Do I need this?)
    Platinum Gauges (Can I delete/credit?) I want to run a Holley digital dash
    Vintage Halibrand Replica Wheels, 17” X 9” Front and 17” X 10.5” Rear
    Front Swaybar
    2015 IRS Rear Swaybar
    Brake Duct Wire Mesh, preformed
    Weatherproof Battery Cutoff Switch with alternator circuit
    Heater/Defroster (Can I get a AC/Combo version?) Wife would enjoy AC. Even if it only works a little
    EFI In-Tank System (Do I want FF or Holley/Other?)
    Passenger Side Black Powder-coated Roll-Bar
    Roll Bar Grommets
    Center Dash Support
    2015 Mustang IRS 13” Rear Brake Kit
    2018 Mustang IRS 3.55 Center Section, Spindles, and Hubs
    Hydraulic Clutch Throw-Out Bearing Kit
    Shipping via Stewart Transport
    Last edited by Gizmosrcool; 03-19-2023 at 06:42 PM.

2. Likes cnutting, Chainsaw liked this post