Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project Deimos: An LS Coupe Build -- The Coupe has landed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well. you can't say you haven't seen one before now! Factory Five's display Coupes plus yours. Awesome! Have a safe trip home. I'm sure you're anxious to get started. Have fun with the build. If you're at LCS, be sure to look me up.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgybulin View Post
    Time to let the real fun begin!!!! Factory Five is always worth the drive!
    The 12x6' trailer with platform on top worked great, so thanks again for the idea!

Quote Originally Posted by GoDadGo View Post
    Congratulations!
    Thanks GoDadGo! I'm having a blast so far!

Quote Originally Posted by burchfieldb View Post
    That sounds like a great experience. A lot more eventful than the Stewart truck coming to my house. What part of Michigan are you in? I am building a coupe in that state down south of you.
    Brent,

It really was a memorable experience. Had to take 2 days off work, 28 hours of driving, but really was well worth it to see the factory and meet the people behind the company.

We live a about 1000 feet north of the Indiana/Michigan line in Niles Michigan. So pretty much South Bend, which is where we work, send our kids to school, shop, etc etc. Where in Indiana are you?

I've been following your build thread - lots of cool ideas and custom stuff there - keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    Sounding like a really solid plan Jim. Nice to "kind of" meet you when Dave called me while you were doing your pickup yesterday! Hopefully we'll be able to do it for real and in person soon---hinting again at LCS next month It's a really good way to check out a bunch of cars, meet other builders and gather lots of ideas before and during the build process. Oh, one other thing, fantastic garage update but now it's just too nice to work in!!!!

Jeff
    Jeff,

Dave had me cracking up. He asked if I had any plan for paint. I said it was a few years away but that Jeff Kleiner happened to be a few hours south of me. Dave gave me a bit of a strange look, so I asked him if he knew you. He didn't say anything - just whipped out his phone and called you up right there!

I am thinking of getting to the London show if work/family permit. I've never been to it. Sounds like a good place to meet some Legends and steal some build ideas.

And, yes, I'm a bit of clean freak with my garage now. Luckily, I'm blessed with multiple garages and I have a detached 2 stall garage to do my "dirty work" in.

Quote Originally Posted by bil1024 View Post
    Congrats! Safe travels
    Thanks! Everything went extremely smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    Well. you can't say you haven't seen one before now! Factory Five's display Coupes plus yours. Awesome! Have a safe trip home. I'm sure you're anxious to get started. Have fun with the build. If you're at LCS, be sure to look me up.
    Thanks Paul! It's hard to believe there is a Daytona sitting in my garage! Loving every minute.

I'll definitely look you up if we're able to make the LCS.
    Gen 3 Coupe #576 - "Project Deimos"
    Ordered: 2/14/2024
    Received: 5/24/2024
    Build Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...upe-has-landed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Working on Inventory now. Taking my time and getting familiar with each part.

Here's some pics of the Coupe arriving at our home:

"Flew" the car off the trailer with my two hoists

4. Likes 460.465USMC, Higgybulin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful sight to see! Such a good feeling to get the kit into the garage.

Enjoy the inventory process. I seem to like the first 75%-80%, but it gets a bit tedious at the end. That's self-inflicted because I examine every bolt, hose, clamp, toe arm, washer, etc. Definitely cuts down on the surprises though later in the build.

Have fun!
    Chris
    Coupe complete kit delivered: 4/22/24. Build Thread. Coyote. T-56. IRS w/3.55. Wilwoods. PS. HVAC. Side windows.
    MK4 Complete kit. Build Thread Index. Delivered: 10/15/2020. Legal: 7/25/23. Coyote Gen3. TKO600 (0.64 OD). IRS w/3.55. PS. Wilwoods. Sway bars. This build is dedicated to my son, Benjamin. Build Thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 460.465USMC View Post
    Beautiful sight to see! Such a good feeling to get the kit into the garage.

Enjoy the inventory process. I seem to like the first 75%-80%, but it gets a bit tedious at the end. That's self-inflicted because I examine every bolt, hose, clamp, toe arm, washer, etc. Definitely cuts down on the surprises though later in the build.

Have fun!
    Thanks Chris! I'm checking every nut/bolt too. Letting my OCD run wild!

7. Likes 460.465USMC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like the boys are having fun! One of mine is already driving and the other one is probably thinking it might be a good first car for her. I am in Columbus Ohio, the other southern state. Hopefully you don't have too many missing parts and FFR got thier inventory system sorted out. I got mine right after Covid, so things were a little out of wack. Hope to see you at LCS, I won't be road worthy yet, but will still be there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by burchfieldb View Post
    Looks like the boys are having fun! One of mine is already driving and the other one is probably thinking it might be a good first car for her. I am in Columbus Ohio, the other southern state. Hopefully you don't have too many missing parts and FFR got thier inventory system sorted out. I got mine right after Covid, so things were a little out of wack. Hope to see you at LCS, I won't be road worthy yet, but will still be there.

FFR has definitely worked out the inventory part since your post-COVID experience. It is very organized now with complete parts list and sub-lists, each denoting specific boxes of parts. Only a few minor bolts and a gasket missing from my kit, and just a handful of parts on the POL that I wont' need for months.

And, yeah, not sure a racecar is the best first vehicle for your daughter. Or second, third, or fourth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Finished inventory. It was a very satisfying experience that I really enjoyed. I took other's suggestions and made of copy the parts list for each box, then taped the list to the front of each box for easy identification.

I requisitioned an unused bedroom downstairs as my parts storeroom.

This last pic is my upgrade goodies corner:

11. Likes Higgybulin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    if your garage reno is any indication of your attention to detail, the coupe will come out fantastic.
    what kind of doc are you? I'm guessing ER or anesthesia. Looking forward to seeing blue surgical towels in your future build pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by egchewy79 View Post
    if your garage reno is any indication of your attention to detail, the coupe will come out fantastic.
    what kind of doc are you? I'm guessing ER or anesthesia. Looking forward to seeing blue surgical towels in your future build pics.
    Thanks! I am pretty anal-retentive - I suppose that may help in a project like this.

I'm actually an Internal Medicine doc. If I could do it over again, I'd pick Anesthesiology. Maybe Dermatology (make bank giving Botox injections and lip fillers to housewives, haha).

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You've Got Me Wanting To Build A Coupe!

........From The Dark Side For Sure!

.....https://youtu.be/7StrICb7EJ8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12