Back in the good ol’ days when Factory Five hosted a Cruise-In in Huntington Beach, Ca, I assembled what I believe was the best trailer for moving the factory Five Roadster: an 18’ Kwik Load Trailer and a Serpent Express Soft cover. If you don’t know about either of these products, click the links here:
https://www.kwikload.com/
https://serpentexpress.com/home

Serpent Express Cover on KwikLoad Trailer (Medium).jpgSerpent Express Soft Cover Frame 2 (Medium).jpg

The combination worked wonderfully to haul my Roadster. It was easy to load, a dream to pull, and protected the car from rocks, rain, and prying eyes. It also made fuel stops quicker: you didn’t have to spend 30 minutes allowing onlookers to take photos of your car!! (Ok, perhaps that’s a downside, but I digress.)

My days of taking the car long distances to car shows is likely over. I loaned out the trailer (without the cover) and . . . let’s say it didn’t come back in the same way it had left. Long story short, the trailer is gone. But the cover is still stored in my wife’s guest room. She would really like it out of the guest room. I won’t be using it, so HAVE I GOT A DEAL FOR YOU!! I am putting this up for sale at a very reasonable price: whatever you believe is fair! It worked so well for me, I wanted to put it into the hands of another Factory Five family member! Let me tell you what you get:

• The Serpent Express soft cover – “Soft” is a very inaccurate name. This is very heavy duty material! If you could buy one (which you can’t, they don’t make them anymore), the Serpent express website says they start at $3200! Furthermore, the base Serpent Express soft cover is only 14’ long. This one is 18’ long! This additional length alone would have added $300. It has red racing stripes down the center. (a $400 value)
• All the verticals and crossmembers to build the frame. This was not provided by Serpent Express. It was an additional cost.
• Most of the padded covers for the frame. (To be fair, some of these have been lost or damaged, but it is just foam pipe insulation, available at most Home Depot’s.)
• all the assembly instructions that came with the cover.
• Even the “Serpent Express” logos that I never got around to installing!
All this for the very reasonable price of WHATEVER YOU BELIEVE IS FAIR!

I am in Scottsdale Arizona. If you are in the area, or know someone coming through Phoenix, It fit's very easily into a pick up truck bed. It could be shipped, but would be rather expensive. The cover is heavy, the frame pieces are long. If you want to pay to have it shipped to you, great. Just be aware it will have to be ground shipping. Just to be absolutely clear, this is just the cover and the frame. It is NOT a full trailer!! You get to supply your own Kwikload or other 18’ trailer. I will be happy to show you how I customized my KwikLoad trailer to give it just a bit more useable width.

Message me if you are interested. Have a very blessed FREEDOM DAY! GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

Jazzman