I did non-flexible auger inserts. JEGS Performance Products 30645 JEGS Exhaust Turndowns
I had gotten the turndowns since a new set of FFR sidepipes helped but the exhaust was still too loud. So I cut the original turndowns off leaving the pipes as long as I could and installed the Jegs turndowns and angled the outlets downward. These helped a little bit. I have read and saved a bunch of stuff on other's exhaust mods and figured I would probably do the chambered pipes at some point. Then I came across these spiral inserts at Summit.
Patriot Exhaust H3843 - Patriot Muffler Inserts - Overview - SummitRacing.com
These are cheap compared to $60-90 each for either cones or CC inserts so ordered a pair.Found they are 3.5 inch OD and so are the pipes so needed to mod them a little so they would fit inside the pipes

I've had these in for about a year now. I have much smaller clamps painted black so they are not so obvious. Once I got the angle that I liked established, I drilled a hole through the two layers of pipe. Dropped a roofing nail in and use a large diameter hose clamp. Even though I have had to tack weld them to stop rattles I am VERY happy w/ this solution. I can guarantee your wife will like it too.