Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Photos of the hood latches for the 65 Coupe

Post Thanks / Like

Photos of the hood latches for the 65 Coupe

Could someone that is currently building a 65 Coupe take several close up photos of the hood latches that go on the side of the 65 Coupe body? I would appreciate seeing photos of how that latch works, what it attaches to, etc. If you could also provide size measurements, I would greatly appreciate it. I am considering adapting them for use on a Tilt front version of the MKIV Roadster. Thank you for your assistance.
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope this works
    Look at post 166 and on

http://http://www.ffcars.com/forums/21-ffr-type-65-coupe/515033-matt-s-65-coupe-build-thread-6.html

Don't have measurements as I'm not near my coupe, but I'm sure someone will chime in.

John
    Last edited by John Dol; 04-21-2016 at 04:36 PM.
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    John
    Your link, as it appears, doesn't work.
    You need to delete everything preceding "www."
    Trout <º{{{><

Imagination is more important than knowledge...
    Al Einstein

Coupe S/N 377 Purchased April 4, 2008 from John Cameron, Agua Dulce, CA

Photobucket site:http://s885.photobucket.com/albums/a...20in%20Tucson/

The Plan: 398 ci Cleveland, CHI Heads & Intake, Crane Roller Lifters, T&D Rockers, Ferrea Valves, TKO600, Quicktime Bellhousing, IRS, 3.55, Torsen, FuelSafe, ISIS, Kirkeys, Konis, 17" Team III LT-III, Wilwood triple m/c & pedals, Orange w/ Silver Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    The latch is about 4" high. The holes for the latch where they mount to the body are spaced at 2 1/2" left/right and 1 3/4" top/bottom. Let me know if you need another measurement.

Here's what I posted in the link:

I put together the hood latches by riveting on the plate that I'd previously powder coated. I only had the longer rivets left, so I made a little spacer out of aluminum to give the rivet something to grab onto.

After filing away a bunch of fiberglass, the latch fit pretty well, so I clamped it on and started drilling the holes.

For some reason the bottom piece isn't flush with the top part of the latch, so I made some more spacers to space the latches in the same amount.

Got it put on.

I thought about bending the top tabs flat on not putting spacers, but I kind of like how the latch is recessed in the hood. Also, if I bent the top tabs, I'd have to make sure the holes were the same width as the lower mount, otherwise the bolts from the outside wouldn't look even. Anyways, just left them as is.

Then repeat on the passenger side

-Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    I was unhappy about how they fit in the recess with a funny angle. I cut the tabs, rewelded and now they sit nice and flush with the surface. I have the new ones that use only two bolts. I have not been successful downloading photo's to the site so if you want to email me, I will send them to you. I also have a spare set for sale, cheap. [email protected].

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossle45f33cf View Post
    John
    Your link, as it appears, doesn't work.
    You need to delete everything preceding "www."
    Thanks Trout!

Matt already posted pics now, so moot point but it is fixed.

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013