Have not updated in a while.
Currently at 5600 miles on the Cobra. It continues to run great and no problems with the Coyote. Love the reliability, power and user friendliness.

I have had two small issues lately.
1. My side pipes end up drooping down over time and end up quite low. I really am not loving the header to j-pipe to sidepipe setup. Had I to do it over again I certainly would not elect to use the J-pipes. Even with my additional support at the front I previously documented the pipes seem to rotate down a bit at the ball cup end of the J-pipe where it meets the sidepipe. It is an easy 5 minute fix per side to loosen the two bolts, realign and retighten. Not a huge deal but I thought worth mentioning.

2. Whitby painted my car and attached the hood scoop. Never paid much attention to the nuts and bolts they used or gave it much thought. Lifted the hood recently and noticed one of the nuts had disappeared. Checked all the other and had quite a few that were lose. Applied some thread locker to them all and should be good to go now. That was an item I added to my yearly maintenance list.

Another item of interest concerning my shifter that I have documented about in the build being from my dads Air Force Jet. I knew that came out of his plane sometime in 67 or 68. I had reason to be looking through his flight logbooks the other day and came across the flight that had the maintenance issue with the stick that caused it to be removed. That was May 12, 1968 at Hill AFB in Utah. Glad he kept such great logs and now I can add that to the story of knowing exactly when it came out. He was actually on a cross country flight from California on his way to see my mom in Colorado and had to land short in Utah. My mom told me she remembered he never made it to see her that trip and she knew it was because the control stick issue. That helped me track down the exact flight. The stick always gets noticed when people ask about the car so I will enjoy having that piece of info. Pretty cool it has been out of the jet for over 50 years and is still finding a use. Also the sunglasses I use to drive the car with are his old Air Force sunglasses which are also over 50 years old.

I have previously mentioned my 911 project. Starting to get more serious with that after driving it around the last few months and doing some small projects. I had the same artist that drew up my concept drawing for the Cobra do one for the 911. You will recognize a similar color scheme. If there is any interest here is a link to that build thread. Plan to really start tearing it apart next month and updating that thread regularly.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ld-thread.html