I mounted the horns. I was not happy with the instruction manual using 2 sheet metal screws to mount them. I ended up using a flush mounted bolt, lock washer and nut running through from the inside running through the individual horn mounts

I had originally ordered a heater and mounted the unit on the firewall. As it has come time to plumb it and wire it I was having doubts if I really wanted it. I have gotten mixed reviews on the effectiveness. I was not happy with the space it was taking up. I wasn't liking where the hoses where going to mount. I didn't like the look of the piece that would be on the dash. The last straw was I found out with the coyote you need to plumb in a bypass valve not included with the kit because the motor needs constant flow through the heater hoses into the motor. The way the FFR unit works is when the heater is off the fluid is not flowing. An electrically driven bypass valve that seemed to be the best option was another $100. I decided just to pull the unit out and I will install seat heaters instead.

I do regret hacking up the firewall to mount the heater. I made a cover plate and will get it powder coated to match. Hopefully it will blend in ok. It is not optimal but there is so much going on in the engine compartment with the coyote crammed in there I don't think it will be to bad.

Since I was not using the heater I now needed to connect the heater inlet and outlet so fluid could flow between them. On a side note the FFR coyote install instructions just say to cap off these. Ford recommends a hose and my trusted build mentor did as well so I thought it was prudent to go that route. I am not sure how FFR justifies just capping these off?? I have deviated quite a bit on the cooling system anyways vs what FFR recommends. I am more of a factory set up and feel good about that.

I had previously ordered the ford heater hoses recommended to use with the heater. They had the OEM connections needed on one end of each hose. The one on the PS was 5/8" ID and the DS was 3/4" ID. Ford also recommends a 5/16" restriction in the line. I have no idea why but one was built into the hose that attached to the DS. I ended up cutting both hoses and joining them to make my needed hose. The DS hose was cut beyond the 5/16" restrictor. I purchased a 3/4 to 5/8 coupler and joined the two hoses. Should work out nicely. This was definitely not the cheap way to go about this as those heater hoses were not cheap. However since I had them on hand I figured I'd blown enough on this aborted heater so I might as well use them.
Here is the built in restrictor and the completed hose:

I am still waiting for one hose that is in transit and 2 fittings to tap into the air intake. Once those get in I will have everything forward of the firewall complete in preparation for first start.

If anyone is looking for a heater unit I now have a mounted but never used unit for sale I will make a good deal on. All parts are there and it is in like new condition other than a little silicone residue where I attached it to the firewall as directed.