Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Best clutch - mainly street use (Coyote & tko 600 combo)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Best clutch - mainly street use (Coyote & tko 600 combo)

Question to Coyote experts - what clutch are you using?

I have a Coyote - TKO 600 combo with the recommended FRPP Centerforce clutch as per the FFR recommended parts list. I have just under 10k miles and need to replace my clutch (beginning to slip slightly at higher speeds when hitting the throttle). I have checked the cable adjustment and clutch fully engages. I am thinking of change to a stock Ford clutch if possible as I believe it may provide longer life. I was hoping to get 20k mi on my clutch and I am surprised I have to replace so soon - no track time and only the occasional hot launch.

Has anyone changed a clutch with a Coyote without removing the engine & trans from the car? Or can I change the clutch by loosening the engine mount bolts and tilting the engine / trans to remove the trans & clutch??

Any suggestions re best clutch to use for my replacement?

Thx in advance
    Last edited by Jester; 06-12-2016 at 03:48 PM.
    15th Anniversary Edition
    Mk4 - 18 month build (4 hrs every Sat), received Aug 2011, titled & registered May 2013, final in paint Nov 2013 - Ferrari blue
    FRPP Crate Coyote 5.0, tko600, Moser 3 link, manual steering & 13" brakes, upgraded coil overs
    koolmat then dynamat then carpet in cockpit - very solid, no engine heat transfer to cockpit and no road noise