Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: got one of these you'd like to get rid of?

Post Thanks / Like

got one of these you'd like to get rid of?

It's a coyote engine mount spacer. I have one and could use another one. Got one you don't need and would like to get rid of? If so, send me a PM and we can talk specifics. Thanks!

Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

Tech Support, FFR Courtnie Provencher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Shoot me a DM with your shipping information and I can get this taken care of for you.
    Courtnie Provencher
    Factory Five Tech Sales & Support

Post Thanks / Like
    Courtnie solved my problem. Courtnie, you're the best!
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

Tech Support, FFR Courtnie Provencher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I do what I can
    Courtnie Provencher
    Factory Five Tech Sales & Support

Post Thanks / Like
    It's hard to imagine, but if Courtnie doesn't get you taken care of, you can have mine. I'm using the new Coyote spacers with 3 parts/mount so my L-bracket is surplus.

Post Thanks / Like
    It makes me wonder why if the new mounts go on both sides then why were they previously only using one mount for the coyote? Does anyone have experience using this older style mount that can explain?
    Al I am assuming you want an extra so you can use one on each side?
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott - yes. I have not been able to determine any functional benefit of the new style, other than possibly ease of use. I agree that having spacers on both sides of the engine makes a lot of sense. So if there is not a functional difference relative to operation or performance, why not just use what I have? It would seem that many Coyote builders before me went this route (or at least with one of the spacers).

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll offer a possible explanation. When the Mod motors came about, different DS footbox sheet metal was required. The Mod motor sheet metal didn't give quite enough clearance to keep the engine (4.6 and Coyote) from rubbing. Using the spacer on the DS motor mount only help tilt the engine away from the DS footbox sheet metal and lift the engine almost enough for the oil pan to sit above the bottom of the 4" tubes.
    King
    Roadster #8127, ordered 7/12/13, received 9/11/13
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...4-Coyote-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know why they changed, but these work and are simple and effective. These are the best option from my perspective.
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bking View Post
    I'll offer a possible explanation. When the Mod motors came about, different DS footbox sheet metal was required. The Mod motor sheet metal didn't give quite enough clearance to keep the engine (4.6 and Coyote) from rubbing. Using the spacer on the DS motor mount only help tilt the engine away from the DS footbox sheet metal and lift the engine almost enough for the oil pan to sit above the bottom of the 4" tubes.
    This makes sense. Thanks King. Good to know.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides