Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: GlenH's MK4 Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well It's about time for an update.

Managed to safety wire the front rotors. It was not as tough as I expected and they turned out great.

Stewart called me on Thursday to let me know they would be delivering on Friday. We met at the nearby Food Lion since he could not get to my house. All went great with the exception of a Food Lion truck driver letting him know he had to move his truck so that they could drop their trailer where it was parked. No big deal we moved to the other end of the parking lot and got it done. I've got to say the driver was great.

Got everything home and into the garage.

With a lot of help from my lovely wife and youngest son we managed to get the body off and on the buck. Things are a little crowded in the garage at the moment. I need to do a little organizing. Moved a couple of the bikes over to the other garage in the mean time.

I managed to do most of the inventory Friday night and Saturday morning. I need to do a couple of more boxes that were stacked in a corner. That will get done tonight. I also want to go back through two boxes with a fresh set of eyes to make sure that the two items that were missing are not there and I just missed them.

I wanted to feel like I got something done this weekend so I started working on the front suspension. I was able to get it all installed. I was confused initially as the manual says to mount the FFR upper control arm to the top of the mount. It just did not look right once complete. I decided to take a break and look at the forum. After reviewing a bunch of the other build threads I determined that either I misread the manual or it was wrong. I went ahead and moved it down and everything seemed to line up better. The second side took no time at all once I finished the first.

I also got the rear assembly completed. I was not able to install it because one of my back order parts is the traction brackets. Hopefully those will come in soon.

I was also able to get all of the aluminum mocked up that needed to go for powder coat. I am dropping that off today and expect it to take a week or so to complete.
    Last edited by GlenH; 04-24-2017 at 06:36 AM.