So I know that lots of FFR builders are now installing the Coyote engine - in fact, it seems to be that it's the most common power source these days.

Well, I've been looking at another project - even though the '65 Mustang race car isn't done yet - and was hoping to get some helpful advice from you knowledgeable Coyote guys, especially if you've ever installed one in a full-size Galaxie or Country Squire from the early sixties.

For years my fancy has been tickled by the thought of an original appearing early '60s Country Squire wagon (complete with fake wood on the sides) with a Coyote and a six-speed manual. It'd make a perfect car for cruise nights, parts runs, dog hauling, and perhaps a cross-country trip on Route 66. Recently, I came across a possible candidate and have been researching the process for installing the Coyote. It seems fairly straight forward, but would like to hear from those who have been involved first hand so I know what to look out for in the process.

Also, even if you haven't been involved in this particular swap, I'm sure those of you who have used Coyote engines in your FFRs will have some suggestions on things like the best year for the engine, what transmission, e-packs, pedals, and such... as well as potential sources for good used set-ups.

My thought is to get a pallet engine / trans combo with all the necessary wiring and controls - basically what some of you do when building your FFR - and then make it work in the wagon.

Fire away with your comments, suggestions, cautionary tales, and encouragement.

Not my car.... just a file photo of a '64 as an example.