This may turn into a "WTB" thread, but the base point is more a discussion, so I kept it out of that section.

I was flipping through the new manual and low and behold, Factory Five appears to have quietly replaced the ill-fitting original shift linkage assembly.

If you received the email update, check out page 73 for what I'm talking about. Essentially, instead of the old piece with the 2 ears that stuck backwards and hit the bumper, there it is now a pre-drilled cube to slide over the shift linkage with a bar that drops straight down. Much better based on the pictures.

Anybody buy a recent version of the kit that has seen this in person? I called Factory Five, but they wanted $37.50 plus shipping and weren't sure if they had any in stock. (parts guy tried to tell me this part has never changed, so I'm a little confused)

Now the "WTB" portion - anybody have this and not planning to use it? I'd take it off your hands for a reasonable price. Otherwise, I will break out the grinder and the welder this weekend to try to re-orient the original one so I can start mounting up the body.