So it's finally time! After drooling over Shelby Cobras my entire life, I finally have the opportunity to build a roadster.

A little background on myself and my "hired hands". I am a general contractor specializing in insurance restorations. I recently took over the family business and have had the pleasure of working with my father and grandfather on a daily basis for the past 11 years. All of the work on the roadster will be complete in our office warehouse and as you will see in pictures it can get a little crowded with projects at times.

My father is semi retired. He comes In and works 2-3 days a week on smaller projects and tinkers in the woodshop from time to time.

Pop is a retired army mechanic who worked as a texaco mechanic after his service for nearly 30 years. He has wrenched on just about anything you can imagine and has a wealth of knowledge.

My son Collin is a typical 8 year old. He has two passions at his young age. Sports (mainly baseball) and cars.

Myself my father and Pop have restored several cars in the past. Most were minor restorations. The latest was a complete frame off. Previous restorations consisted of a 1966 Ford Mustang gt California special. 1973 Porsche 911, 1969 Volkswagen Super Beatle Convertible, and our most resent, 1956 for thunderbird. The t-bird was my fathers dream car. We started it my senior year in high school and finished it in roughly 5 months or so. I'm hoping there is a lot less researching and finding parts for this build. The t bird was defiantly a challenge finding parts for a 312cid v8.

My build plan is as follows.
Complete kit with the following options
Chrome roll bar (drivers side only)
351w Factory Five headers
Body cut outs
Powder coated frame
Side pipe delete (buying a set of ceramic coated from a member)
Wind wings
Visors
17x9 front and rears halibrands

Drivetrain will consist of the following
351w long block from Tristar engines
T-5 transmission with G force gear set
1994 mustang gt rear end trac lock with 3.27 gearing

Color will be either ford sonic blue or Lexus spectre mica with white stripes.
My build will be straight forward right off of the manual. The only deviations I plan or to paint the engine compartment panels, insulate the cockpit, and undercoat the back side of the panels and body.

Here's to a fun and rewarding journey!!