Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
Thank you. I was just looking for the forum rules to get the specific language. I was 99.9% sure this was the case, because I mention non-forum vendors in my build log and it's never been a problem. But certainly none of them are asking me to. I just do it as info for other builders.

I believe in math too. (I was a math major...) My point was only that all the math in the world is nice but in this case there is already a well proven setup and you could easily burn through a lot of time and money to get back to the same place. You have to decide what fits your build, but the experiences of others are one of the huge advantages of this forum. FWIW.
Yep. I see your point. I already got started down the path I'm on before I started using this forum, and so I didn't have the advantage of the experience you all have gathered up over time. I haven't yet sunk a lot of time and money in my effort to get my clutch working, and I won't. I wouldn't mind too much if I'm able to discover another path to a working system, since I think that would benefit everyone, but at the same time, I don't want this upgrade attempt to get out of control. As I look at it, I'm building a whole car, not a hydraulic clutch.

As for math, I use numbers all day long in my job as a computer programmer, but I last studied math as a separate discipline in the 1980s, when I was in the 11th grade. So, I'm just glad you didn't correct my calculations. You still can if you see any mistakes. I have a thick skin. :-)

Thanks again for your advice.