FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  256
Likes Likes:  574

Thread: Papa's MKIV Roadster Build - #9115 (Post Grad) - One million + views!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WIS89 View Post
    Papa-

I like the glove box latch; nice improvement you made using the rod, and only threading the ends! It looks great, and will certainly hold for you.

I have a suggestion for you regarding the spirited acceleration issue. When your wife first starts to ride with you, don't set the latch on the glove box. This way it will fly open when you accelerate hard. She will likely respond how Paul's wife did. After a few rides like this, you can then latch it properly, and it won't fly open again. You can then point to the fact that it isn't flying open to suggest that you are not accelerating too quickly! Just a thought...

I have enjoyed following along on your build. Things are looking great!

Regards,

Steve
    Or you can encourage your wife to drive the roadster herself. I've read a number of posts and threads from guys who said their wives don't drive the roadster. I can only image the host of talks from husbands about needing to be careful, about how demanding the car is, how unforgiving it is. I took a different approach with my partner when I introduced the car to her. I TAUGHT HER HOW TO DRIVE STICK ON A 490HP FFR ROADSTER. She loves it. Loves the look, loves the feel, loves going quickly. Once she got the grasp of clutch/gas/gears, it was "don't be afraid to hit the go pedal". In fact, she spelled me off for a few hours on the recent London Ohio 2,000 kilometre round trip.
    Last edited by Dave Howard; 08-07-2017 at 11:46 AM.