Quote Originally Posted by ChopperJustin View Post
Chris, if you don't mind my asking - what things would you change? I'm considering a very similar set-up as 7074 and I'f love to hear your thoughts after driving and maintaining her for a while now - Thank you!
Justin - I have a bit of a confession to make.... I couldn't bring myself to park it in the trailer and, since opening this thread just a few weeks ago, I've put nearly another 1,000 miles on it - dang, but I sure do love driving this car!!!

As for changes, I used the transmission and bellhousing out of a donor '94 SVT Cobra, which had a two-year only bellhousing depth and input shaft length, so it's somewhat of an orphan transmission. Since I still have some free-play in the tail shaft bushing, the repair process is a bit complicated as I can't just swap out the old trans for a brand new one without having issues with input shaft length and shifter opening location in the tunnel. So, I'll have to either do a fair bit of work to swap out the old for the new or I'll have the existing trans completely rebuilt.

Before having the carb blue printed, I would have said that another change would be fuel injection of some sort, but the carb guys did a great job and the old Holley 650 is performing better than ever.

Finally, at first I wasn't completely sold on the Gas-N pipes.... although a bit mellower and maybe just a bit quieter at higher RPM, there is a deep resonance at 1,600 - 1,800 RPM that really bothers my ears. I've learned to live with it, though, and overall I'm happy with the new pipes and no longer thinking of going back to a fresh set of the standard FFR pipes.

That's about it - realized that I still love the car, but I accept that I'll have to make a decision on the transmission sometime soon. But for now, it's staying out of storage until winter gets here.