Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  25

Thread: Jazzman’s #8745 "Flip Top" Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok more of my two cents lol
    The expensive bolts your getting from summit are probably ARP bolts... Different material, probably chromoly and would have a totally different torque spec. I'd stick with Edwardb's factory bolts at a buck a piece. Unless of course your gonna dump the clutch at like 8 grand lol 177 in pounds + 60 is for stock bolts. Which Ford seems to feel are good enough for their modular performance engines.

Kurt

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SSNK4US View Post
    Ok more of my two cents lol
    The expensive bolts your getting from summit are probably ARP bolts... Different material, probably chromoly and would have a totally different torque spec. I'd stick with Edwardb's factory bolts at a buck a piece. Unless of course your gonna dump the clutch at like 8 grand lol 177 in pounds + 60 is for stock bolts. Which Ford seems to feel are good enough for their modular performance engines.

Kurt
    Your $.02 is always appreciated!! Yep, you are right, ARP bolts. I will indeed follow Edwardb's suggestion.
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I agree people above. ARP bolts are typically not torque to yield, and can be re-used several times. I would definitely give ARP a call, tell them the factory torque specs, and ask what the ARP spec is. I was told by an engine builder that you do not use factory torque specs on critical ARP bolts, ARP usually uses the same factory torque specs, but on internal engine fasteners, has their own procedure, and you also need their thread lube to get the proper reading.