Progress has been non-existent on the Mustang for many weeks. Life, business, family, health, each seem to conspire to prevent me from working in the shop. Over the last week or so I finally got out there and worked to cut out the worst of the rust rot. I decided that since I was this far into it already, there was no reason to cut corners. The DS floor was already rusted through, the firewall had noticeable rust, and the PS floor shows a little rust at the front. Might as well go big or go home! (Wait - I am home! I guess it is GO BIG!) It took multiple plasma cutting sessions to get it all cut out, but the entire front frame and the DS Floor is now completely gone. It is going to take quite a while to finish prepping the various surfaces to receive the new sheet metal.

I ordered new panels from . . . a well known vendor. The firewall looks great. The floor panels concern me a bit. They are not the same quality. I'll let you know how they turn out to fit. I hope I can get in an prepare all the surfaces a bit more in the next couple of weeks.

Just in case I don't get back to post here again in the next couple of weeks, Merry Christmas to you all!