Specifics:

Two seat build-it-yourself sports car developed as our latest generation spaceframe chassis. Sub 2,400 lbs. target vehicle weight, 104″ wheelbase, 78″ body width, and 46″ overall height. Full carbon fiber body with clear coat finish. Production start estimate late 2020/Q1 2021. Cost TBD.

The front nose is the competition racing nose optimized for cooling and downforce. A separate street nose is designed, but not shown.

Background:

At the beginning of 2018, Factory Five embarked on an ambitious project to transition all composite shaping to digital process from the traditional hand-made mold plugs and tools. The car that would serve as the test mule for this process was to be our next generation flagship supercar. We produced a video, and I published a web pagehttps://www.factoryfive.com/whats-new/new-digital-design-process-at-factory-five-behind-all-new-supercar/ dedicated to describing this effort, and the car at the time was described as the GTF.

Jim Schenck and Jeremy Luchini benchmark designs.

Jesper Ingerslev began working on the engineering bill of materials for the next generation front engine flagship.

While the GTF design was not selected, the digital design process that began with Jeremy was a success.

From pure CAD file, the first concept car was fully shaped on a 7-axis milling machine which would result in a composite shape that could be used for a mold plug.
By the end of 2018, we had created a full size prototype to prove the digital process, and the resulting car called the GTF was designed by Jim Schenck and Jeremy Luchini (Luchini Designs). I felt strongly that the design and surfacing of the GTF needed more sophistication than SolidWorks software could deliver. I made the difficult decision that the car wasn’t good enough. While the digital process scored an A+, the actual shape of the car needed work.