I ran in to this fellow last weekend. He did not build it, but has had it for several decades. The original builder put in all aircraft gauges and had several other nice touches.
The current owner likes the car but does not have much passion about owning (or maintaining) it. In the passenger area (no seat) there was a full sized floor jack, weed wacker, various tools, yesterdays lunch, etc. He could not reach the shifter while sitting in his modified office chair propped up with a milk crate drivers seat, so he bolted on a 4" extension to the top of the knob to bring it closer. Little touches like this are everywhere on this car. I'm not putting any of this down or making fun of it. It is a 30+ year old car, and he uses it the way he wants. It just makes me wonder where my car will be in 30+ years. I've put so much time, effort, and cash into this thing; I'd like to think my kit car will have a little more of a glamorous life.

The owner did talk a briefly about the performance of it. He says that it has a built VW motor and weighs 1200lbs.

IMG_1116.JPG IMG_1115.JPG IMG_1114.JPG