I've been watching this thread from it's inception and there's something I gotta say. I don't think it belongs on this site, being both a direct competitor to FFR and a "Factory Build".

There has been one other non-FFR build thread in the OT forum about a Ultima GTR. The owner-builder still has his multi award-winning MKIII roadster and asked permission. As I watched that build come together It didn't really occur to me that it was inappropriate. It was a fellow builder expanding his capabilities and learning. There's a ton of craftsmanship in that build and it is a stunning ride. But there is the difference. I guess I don't like this thread because it strikes me as a big NP01 commercial and I'm not comfortable with that.

There has always been, and should continue to be, off topic threads about all manners of ideas and creation and building (there's not enough of that here currently IMO). However, starting a build thread about a factory built racer that will spend time on the same tracks in the same races as FFR is not appropriate. It's just not. And I hope you can understand the difference.

I'm not just closing the thread or posting this in it because I am certain there will be pushback. So as to not completely trash the thread I'm creating a new one to get feedback on my reasoning. If you having something to say about it pro or con, let's hear it.