Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Please Graduate Wareaglescott's #8900

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Please Graduate Wareaglescott's #8900

I officially finished my build last week. A little over a year ago I decided on this project and had essentially zero automotive experience. After much research primarily on this forum and asking tons of questions I took a leap of faith and ordered my kit right before Memorial Day weekend taking advantage of the 50/50 sale. What a great project this has been. The completed car is really a dream come true.

The kit was delivered 6/28/16. 100 days later I had first start and the build took me 302 days to complete. The build is Coyote powered, with a TKO-600 and IRS. I did all the mechanical work and the paint and bodywork was performed by Whitby Motorcars in Greensboro, NC. I tried to do something unique with the color scheme and am quite pleased how it came out. I would say my favorite part of the car is my shifter. I have detailed it in my build thread but for those that have not seen it the shifter is out of my dads Air Force jet from 1968. It had a mechanical issue and was removed from the jet. He was able to keep it. The stick sat in his office my entire life and I played with the controls and buttons as a child. My dad passed away before I started the build and my mom gave me the stick. My dad played a huge role in me becoming a pilot and I could think of no better tribute to him than to use it in the car as my shifter. (Can easily be swapped out with 2 bolts for the standard shifter) It is certainly unique and not for everyone but I sure am proud to have it in the build!

I would like to give a huge thank you to everyone that has helped me along the way with this project. I entered this project with a large knowledge deficit. Without the fine group on this forum I can not imagine how I would have ever been able to do this. Time and again people have been so generous with their time and advice. At frustrating points along the way there was always encouragement to be found. The social aspect of this build has been really enjoyable. Made a group of friends all over the country that share a common hobby and I will likely never even meet most of them in person.

To anyone reading this that is considering a build but is unsure if they can pull it off I would encourage you to give it a shot. Seriously my prior automotive experience was changing my oil 25 years ago as a teenager. That is it! If you are willing to use this forum as a resource all the help you need can be found right here. If you are worried about asking dumb question don't be. I have already asked them all!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone that has helped along the way. Here are some pictures:
    MORE PICTURES ON INSTAGRAM @scottscobra Photos by @shannalo

Last edited by wareaglescott; 05-04-2017 at 12:19 PM.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides