The idea was to get to have a first start on June 30. That was the second “birthday” of the Coyote. It was delivered to my garage on 6/30/16. (June 30 also happens to be MY birthday…) I had a few folks over, but the celebration was rather subdued by the fact that nothing happened. We had two relatively fundamental issues: no power and numerous fuel leaks. Minor details!

It took a week to fix the electrical problem. It took longer to fix the fuel leaks. Let’s count them: first, the quick connect plug on the fuel pump connection let go, spewing gas all over the driveway. Secured that one. Then, moving up the line, the flexible line out of the in-line filter leaked at the connection to the hard line. Hmmm – not tight enough. Fixed. Next – hard line union. Somebody didn’t do a very good job of tightening that, either. Hard line to braided line in the engine bay. Same issue. Do you see a trend here?

The larger issue was the fuel pressure regulator. As it turned out, I needed to get all new Aeromotive fittings. The fittings that came with the fuel pressure regulator (in the box from Ford), were not Aeromotive parts. The Aeromotive tech pointed that out after he saw a photo of my parts. In this case, it apparently does make a difference! It took a while to isolate the problem areas, but some paper towel and twist ties helped in that department. Once I got all three fuel pressure regulator connections re-done, the leaks were solved. Except for the line coming out of the in-line filter. That reared its ugly head yet again. A bigger wrench prevailed. And… IT’S ALIVE!

I hope you enjoy this short little video as much as I did making it! Here's the video link:

Now that I have this behind me, I can get things buttoned up a little better and then we can do a more extensive “live” test.