Hi all,

I'm a new member from the SF bay area. I wanted to start by saying thank you to everyone here for the wealth of information and expertise that's shared every day on this forum, and to apologize in advance for some of the dumb questions I'll be asking. I'm just about ready to order a MkIV kit as a project for me and my 16-year-old son to build together. Having spent a ton of time lurking here and playing with the FFR configurator, I have a good sense for how I want to configure my build. One large open question is engine choice. I've narrowed it down to either a Coyote or a 427W with Holley Sniper EFI. They both have their pros and cons in my mind. One possibly-deciding factor that I can't get a good sense for is the 'smell' of these two engines. I also have a '67 Mustang convertible with 351W, and despite having that carb tuned professionally several times, it still smells like a classic car. Mostly that's OK and expected, but it sometimes becomes tiresome to smell like gas every time I drive the thing, and it's rather offputting to the rest of the family who aren't gearheads, to the point that they don't really like riding in the car. I'm considering doing a Holley Sniper EFI on that car to try to get rid of the smell, and possibly even add catalytic converters.

Now, on the MkIV I'm guessing it would be pretty impractical to add cats, and I'm sure the short exhaust that exits right next to the driver/passenger doesn't help, so I'm trying to get a sense for whether the EFI on the 427W would run clean enough to not be smelly, or whether the Coyote is just that much more efficient that it's worth considering that route for a cleaner-smelliing experience. Thanks again!

-John