FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  25

Thread: Jazzman’s #8745 "Flip Top" Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cut the right wire! The green fan thermo wire from the front harness is now available to be used independently, (it is not hooked up, just loose above the fuse panel), and the green fan thermo wire from the relay is accessible at the top behind the dash. I know this needs to be connected into the switch that I have for the driving lights.

I applied power to the green wire to the relay, hoping the driving lights would come to life, but no joy there yet. I am going to have to spend a bit more time analyzing the wires coming into and out of the relay. More on this tomorrow. It's too early in the morning now to think that hard!!

I spent quite a bit of time figuring out how and where to hang the horns. After trying several unsuccessful and more complicated scenarios, I opted to simply use the rectangular bracket that came with the horns. I hung them from the inboard side of the front frame rail. I needed the clearance to allow the hood trusses to pass by the horns without interference.

At first I tried to connect them in series. Based on the "dying goose" sound they made, that is clearly NOT the way to wire them. I rewired them to be in parallel, and HOLY SMOKE ARE THEY LOUD!! I didn't expect the stock horns to be that good. Where were these things when I had a Harley?!! They will do a great job of getting attention.
    Last edited by Jazzman; 02-02-2017 at 04:30 AM.
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan