Edwardb, you probably get tired of hearing how valuable this thread is, but it is. I bought an un-assembled Mk3 and I'm starting the preliminary body work (cut out, minor mods, etc). From reading your thread it appears you previous did an Mk3 so I've got a couple of questions for you if you dont' mind.

The Mk3 has an inner lip on the side vent openings. I cut out the opening and then set the vent (I'm using the FFR vents similar to yours) on the inside and realized the fit was terrible. I saw on your thread that you fit your opening to the vent so everything was parallel. I'm planning to do the same. It appears however the Mk4 does not have the inner lip like the Mk3, it that right? Is there any reason I couldn't grind off the inner lip and enlarge the opening as needed to fit the vent properly?

My second question is regarding the front body mounting. I'm not crazy about using the bolts thru the side of the front vents to mount the body. I'm learning the early Mk4's used the quick jack mounts to essentially "float" the body. Since you've done both the Mk3 & Mk4 is it reasonable to use the Finish Line grommets to mount the front body. Also, I see they have a 3/4" ID but do you know what the OD is. My Mk3 does not have holes yet so I need to cut them.

Thanks in advance for your help.

JD