Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  11

Thread: Jvfitz - Colorado Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jvfitz - Colorado Build

I was not going to do a build thread because I don't think I can match the detail of so many wonderful threads. But I changed my mind and thought I would give it a go. This is a family project (mostly my son, grandson and I, with input from the extended family). I had a 64 1/2 mustang convertible in high school and being a hot rodder, I always had some car in pieces in my parents garage. So in addition to the 65, my son and I have completed (rest-o-mod) a 66, 67, 68. The 66 was a complete project all the way down to soda blasting and all the way back up. I had to sell it when my wife and I moved into a retirement community with a two car garage. The 67 was built for my son's first car. He drove it all thru high school. The 68 we built for my grandson and he drove it thru high school and passed it on to his sister to enjoy in high school. That car is still in my son's garage and he takes it out for a spin when the weather is good. Earlier this year we got the bug to build again and Factory Five Mk4 seemed like the best next step in our evolution. We order the kit in Nov 2022. Eric from Stewart delivered it last Sunday (April 23, 2023). GREAT DAY. We are squeezed into a two car garage but we will figure it out.

After nine months of family discussion we have decided to go "Black Out". I didn't even know what that was before this project. So the Pipes, Wheels, etc are going to be ordered separate from the kit.

Mk4 complete kit
    Blue Print 347, Sniper EFI with TKX-600
    HYD Clutch
    IRS - 3.55 Center Section
    PWR steering
    FFR GPS Gauge set
    Leather Seats
    Two Rollbars (Black)
    Leather Steering wheel
    Wind Wing, Sun Visor
    Trunk Gas Strut
    Wiper Kit