It seems forever since I had some time to work on the Roadster. Too much work, too much travel, is getting in the way of my progress. Tonight I finally got back at it. It took me a while to figure out my next step in the process. While out of town, I received my new tube of composite/metal bonding cement. I affixed the PS fang receiver to the inside of the body and bolted it into place. I also cemented the perforated discs that will hold the PS hood latch in place. With them drying, I turned my attention to the PS hood latch system. I began by cutting a piece of steel 4"x4", and angled the top cut to match the angle of the top of the outside PS footbox panel.

I drilled the holes to attach this piece of steel to the inside of the PS footbox panel. The four on the outside corners will be bolted to the aluminum panel, adding rigidity. The center two are where the "U" bolt will pass through creating attachment bar that the latch will connect to.

As you can see in the picture below, the legs of the "U" bolt are not threaded far enough up the legs to tighten them to the steel plate. The right leg shows the problem, the left, the solution. I will put a bushing over the legs to tighten down against the steel plate.

Here is a front view of almost how it will look when it is fully installed. I still need to replace the three washers with the correct size stainless steel washes. I also am going to cut down the bushing that goes over the leg of the "U" bolt, and cut off the excess threaded material after the new washers are installed. The bad news is that I fear that the entire mounting plate and holes are too high. I will install the system, install the body, then evaluate what should be done.