OK, so here goes! I received my kit from Stewart on Saturday morning. It was incredibly hot and humid, but I was completely stoked! We live in a neighborhood in Philly and the streets are really small, but the driver Don did an amazing job and was super nice. In hindsight I wish I had thought to have cash on hand to tip him.

I have a small 2 car garage to work with. One of the bays had a closet intruding into it, so I have had to get a bit crafty about space. So far all of the boxes are under the body buck and the frame is in the next bay. I marked and removed the aluminum. I didn't take pictures though so I am feeling a bit nervous about being able to put it back together later.

I have been told that getting shelves and taking all of the parts out will make it easier to build so I am looking into that. If anyone has done that, please chime in.

I am attending the build school this week, so hopefully I will pick up some good tricks there.

Last, but not least the plan:

It has IRS and I loaded up on the goodies during the half off sale. It started as a basic kit, but I basically added options until it was a complete kit.
I got an engine/trans combo from MPS auto salvage. They sent me the vin and I carfaxed it. It had 6 owners and over 200,000 miles so I was expecting issues, but when I stripped it down the bores were immaculate. Apparently all of the owners took really good care of it. My rebuild is basically the top end kit from LMR - so heads and a cam. That should get me to 300hp - which is more than enough for my purposes.

The car is being built to take cross country road trips and enjoy the twisties. I want all of my controls to be light and direct. I am going with power steering and power brakes. I want to do hydraulic assist brakes - but I need to gather more info - If anyone has experience with that, please let me know! lastly, I am going with a mid-shift T-5. I am picking up the conversion from Modern Driveline. That is it for now. I will add a bunch of pictures as soon as I figure out how. For all the folks who are also on the Facebook builder page - thanks for such a warm welcome!!