Quote Originally Posted by myjones View Post
If you're wondering why I'm calling it "The Blasphemy Build", it's based on my choice of engines. My friends all said it was blasphemy to put anything but a Ford engine in the car, hence the blasphemy build... Traditionalists will hate my decision but I firmly believe these cars are meant to be built to the owner's preference. -TJ
I really like your build. My hat is always off for the guys who do them differently, and make them their own. You're going to love it.

It is always an interesting topic. You mentioned that "traditionalists will hate my decision".... Somehow these "traditionalists" (and there's many out there) somehow find it acceptable to run a 302, or any other Ford based engine in the car. The original cobra did not come with these engines. My question has always been...how is that really different than running a different brand of motor? Also, these are not original cars. I say build it however you want to build it! It's yours! Nobody should give anybody a hard time about powerplant, transmission, rear end, wheels, brake selection, etc. People should have support in building their dream car, no matter what route they decide to go.

I too went with a Chevy powerplant. I was running a 454 BBC last year, but am swapping to a 598 BBC for this summer.

Besides, Carroll Shelby originally contacted Chevrolet for an engine when he was designing the Cobra, and they turned him down because they didn't want a car that would compete against their mighty Corvette.....so he called Ford, and the rest is history. Most people don't know that