It looks like it's time for me to start my build thread. I'm starting to seriously get into the build and hope to use this thread to track my own progress, take notes, and hopefully help someone else out who's building after me.

A quick background, I ordered in May during the last 50/50 sale but delayed my build date several times due to an impending 50 mile move for a new job. I ordered a base kit but with the sale I optioned out enough things that it's a hybrid between base and complete. Essentially, I'm building a brand new car with no used parts, but wanted to do several changes that made buying the complete kit a poor proposition.

My order was base kit with the following options:
-Powder-coated frame
-FFR lower control arms
-2015 rear IRS
-Speedhut gauges
-15" Halibrands
-Stainless Exhaust
-Heater
-Chrome Driver and Pass Rollbars
-Front and Rear Sway Bars
-Padded Dash
-Ron Francis Harness
-IRS Center Section and Spindles
-Wilwood Pedal Box
-Odds and Ends(mats, wind wings, visors, etc...)

I'm getting Wilwood brakes from Gordon that fit the 15" wheels, 2.5 turn power steering, seat heaters to augment dash heater(I'm in WI and plan a long driving season), and other miscellaneous things that will come up in the build. Car will be 60-70% street and 30-40% track. I'm within a couple hour drive of Road America, Blackhawk, GingerMan, and Autobahn CC, and plan on getting in many laps. 15" wheels for street, 18's for track use.

If you're wondering why I'm calling it "The Blasphemy Build", it's based on my choice of engines. I'm a huge fan of the GM LS engine platform. Super light, super compact, great aftermarket support, huge power even naturally aspirated, and handles boost even with factory lower end. My friends all said it was blasphemy to put anything but a Ford engine in the car, hence the blasphemy build... Traditionalists will hate my decision but I firmly believe these cars are meant to be built to the owner's preference. I have a great deal of respect for those that try to build an authentic car, it just doesn't fit my build and driving plans. So.... I'm starting with an LS376/525 while I build an LS2 block into a 427. So the car will at least have a 427 engine if I decide to put any 427 badging on the car. The engine will be backed by a LS7 bellhousing/internal throwout bearing, aluminum flywheel, and clutch. Tranny will be a T56Magnum, and rear IRS is 3.55 with a factory limited slip.

I don't plan to highly document my build, there are plenty of good threads out there by people with way may patience than I have for such a thing. If basic parts go on with no issues, I'll skip right over, I only want to note when things don't happen as expected or I'm doing something unique that someone else may want to see. I plan to do some custom fabrication work based on my build plans, with the help of a friend who owns a tool and die shop. I'm also teaching myself CAD/CAM/g-code for doing basic CNC machining and fabricating. It should come in handy during the build.

Delivery went flawlessly except that it was 70 degrees and sunny two days before delivery but snowed before my car showed up. Gotta love Wisconsin weather! Gerry from Stewart was great, we loaded the car onto my chassis dolly, and the whole process was done in very short order. It felt good to send Gerry on his way with a nice tip since he was going to be on the road for Thanksgiving and unable to get home to Arizona.

A detailed inventory was completed right away and I was able to repack things more logically and in easier to access boxes. My back-order list is quite short with no show-stoppers. Major missing items are headlight assemblies, throttle cable(I'll be throttle by wire anyways...), parking brake cables(I'm going line-lock), and a couple other knick-knacks. This biggest issue is I ordered the stainless side pipes but got uncoated. I haven't called FFR yet to talk to Courtney about options. Either get the $300 credit back and keep them or we'll have to give UPS more business. Still not sure which I'd rather do.

More to come...

-TJ