Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Atmadeep's Mk4 build - Need help!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well for the "plain old build" you described in your initial post, you're describing some pretty exotic options there. Yes, it's best to decide about engine and trans choice when you order. You can make changes up to a couple weeks before your order goes into production. Factory Five will actually contact you at that time asking you to confirm everything. Blueprint Engines are a good choice but there are lots of choices. Roush makes some great engines and certainly have the name recognition. You pay for it though. The Edelbrock 5.0L Supercharged Coyote (at 785 HP & 660 TQ and $25K) is impressive to say the least. TKO's fit and work great in these builds. There's a reason they are probably the most common. T56's give you another gear and can handle more power. The modded ones you describe are probably really nice. But by all accounts the stock T56 is pretty slick. The party line from Factory Five is that IRS is required to fit the T56. You don't mention what rear suspension your considering. But I've seen guys put the T56 in solid axle builds. Especially with a Coyote because it's a bit shorter. I personally haven't used one, but I've seen great comments about the RST Twin Disc clutch. High power capability with a pretty light pedal.

But some basic questions. What are your plans for the car? How will you use it? Have you either ridden in or driven one of these? If you haven't, you should. It's discussed a lot, but generally anything north of 400 HP is going to give you pretty extreme performance and for street use not easy to get hooked up. The build school will tell you 300 HP is enough and can get you in lots of trouble if you're not careful. If you're planning drag slicks and do end up with some of the power choices you describe, driveshaft could be an issue. But so could lots of other parts, like the diff, axles, etc. Guy in our club has one (ERA as I recall, not a Factory Five) with an aluminum block side oiler 427 that's extreme in every respect including Hoosier drag radials. Does drag passes with it. He takes it down every year and replaces a bunch of stuff.
    Last edited by edwardb; 11-26-2017 at 05:19 PM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.