Hello everyone,

I'll start by saying we WELCOME everyone's input and help. We're Joe and Joseph, father and son, building a MK4 Roadster #9934. Neither of us have mechanical experience, so I'm expecting to exercise patience as we make mistakes, redo things, and learn together.

I've had a dream of building a Factory Five Roadster for the past 15 years, since Joseph was about 4 or 5.

In August, Joseph decided to bypass his first year in college (due to COVID) to stay home and build this car with me... I couldn't have been happier.

We ordered our kit on August 18 and the kit completion date was October 31, 2020

Here are the specs for our kit:
MK IV Complete Kit
Powder coated chassis
302 Headers
3-link rear suspension
Black vinyl seats
body cut outs
power steering
Electric Ultra-Lite gauge set
Mosier 8.8 rear axle
Performance 11.65: rear brake set
15x8/9" 5 Lug Halibrand replica wheel
Sun Visors and wind wings
Assembled side louver set
Carbureted 302 engine and T5 transmission from BluePrint Engines

Kit was delivered on November 22 by Stewart. What a great company and partner of FF.

We had considered using a different shipping company to get the kit out here faster, but decided against that based on the comments on the forum. Everyone was right... they are the best. Todd was great and Mark and Shelly were super helpful and kind. They "got" how excited we were.

Some of the more notable POL parts that were not shipped:
- Halibrand wheels
- spline drive shaft
- radiator
- power steering rack
- Lower control arms (front)
- Shocks (rear)
- door latch set

Again, we welcome your input, help and feedback. We will keep you posted here and look forward to getting to know you here.

Joe and Joseph