Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  18

Thread: topherchrisb's project "Mako" Wiring start and Dead Pedal

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

topherchrisb's project "Mako" Wiring start and Dead Pedal

Well it's about time I can start a build thread officially I think. I can't promise I'll be as thorough as the threads I've taken inspiration from but I'll do my best. I'm to take delivery of my kit from Stewart transport around mid week (1/12/22) at the moment. This is pretty exciting as the thought of building one of these has been in the back of my mind for about a decade (common story I know). I've gotten a few "you're finally doing it?" type comments from friends after finding out I've had a kit on order. Those comments are going to evolve to "when's it going to be done?" in the near future. I have no expectations of completing this build for a long while because of having a pretty ambitious plan. I feel like I've looked
    at so many builds and decided to take all the most complicated aspects of them. I'll also probably be one of few that won't mind a POL due to it helping throttle me from the behavior of slapping parts on hastily.

I ended up checking quite a number of boxes on the FFR order form. I also plan on getting many of the quality of life options the popular vendors make available. I haven't started ordering anything outside of the kit yet but again... not really worried about the time to build at the moment. I'm planning on an ford avalanche gray/white stripes/black pin stripes color combo while blacking out all the chrome/stainless. I also want to go with an 18" wheel/lower profile tire setup. I like the tires a little wider than the wheels so probably the 10.5" over the 11". Still some research to do there as There seem to be so many variations.

Stand out FFR order items:
    complete kit
    coyote headers with cats
    diamond stitch seats/door panels
    coyote power steering
    IRS
    hydraulic clutch master cylinder and bearing kits
    wind wings/sun visors
    carbon fiber dash
    passenger roll bar
    leather steering wheel
    front/rear willwood brakes

3rd party stuff I'm confident in:
    heated seats (once I see if the diamond stitched seats don't have any blocking complications)
    wilwood electric parking brake
    keyless ignition
    russ's turn signal setup
    adjustable seats (my wife is a foot shorter than I am)
    bunch of breeze stuff
    forte's coyote/tkx package (maybe hydraulic clutch setup too)

Things I'm highly considering:
    convertible top and ac
    2bking/jazzman's "filp top" mod (still need to reach out to them for documentation)
    arm rest and mid shift kit

I'm headed out for the day to pickup a new puppy for the kids. Tomorrow hopefully I'll get a chance to finalize the shop space and build a frame dolly based on Jazzman's plans. Maybe I'll even come up with a project name too.

Thanks to everyone contributing to the forum here! Not only has it helped keep me interested in this project... but the amount of information I've consumed have made things seem so much more simple than what I originally thought. I hope to now convert to the contributing side of that relationship.
    Last edited by topherchrisb; 02-12-2024 at 10:24 AM.

2. Thanks Barwickad thanked for this post