Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bit the bullet this weekend and ordered my kit!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bit the bullet this weekend and ordered my kit!

Hey Guys!

After about 30 years of dreaming of owning a Cobra I finally pulled the trigger and placed my order online this weekend during the open house. I was planning on ordering it in September, but everything fell into place unexpectedly and I just "had" to do it.

My plan is to build this for an all around fun car. I'll be cruising around town (60%), hitting some scenic curvy roads (10%), going to a few car shows (10%), and doing a the occasional "for fun" track (10%) and autocross days (10%). I have two boys that are 6 and 12. I'm really looking forward to working on this with them (and they are excited too). Since I have a family and many things going on, I'm planning on taking my time on this, so the build could be drawn out a little more than some of yours. It definitely won't be done in 9 months. I'm going for a vaguely vintage looking car with 15" billboards and the vintage gages.

Here's what I ordered with the complete kit:
    -Frame setup for 302/351 engine and 8.8 straight rear axle w/3 link suspension
    -Powder coated frame
    -Uncut body
    -Power steering
    -Vintage gauge set
    -Stainless side exhaust
    -302 ceramic coated headers
    -Wind wings
    -Sun visors
    -Heater/defroster
    -Wipers
    -Driver and Passenger chrome roll bars(planning to make the passenger side removable)
    -Roll bar grommets
    -Center dash support
    -15" Halibrand wheels
    -Swapped the pre cut dash for a blank dash.

I'm also planning to get/do the following items to complete the build...
    -Gordan Levy's 4 piston Wilwood brakes for FFR's 15" Halibrand wheels
    -Mickey Thompson ST 15" tires (with Goodyear Eagle tire stickers or stencil)
    -For the power plant, right now I'm looking at a BluePrint Engines 347 with EFI, but could go a lot of different directions.
    -TKO600 tranny
    -3.55 gearing in the rear end along with a 31 spline axles and Ford Track Lok diff..
    -Glove box. I like the way the glove box looks in the dash, so I'm going to try to get it to work with the heater.
    -Dropped trunk mod
    -Battery relocated to the front or under the trunk.
    -Competition dash layout.
    -A second set of 17" wheels and tires for running on the track. (Hopefully, already have these)
    -Would really like to do rectangular taillights.
    -I'm planning to paint it Viking blue with white stripes and blacked out wheels, although my wife and kids are pushing for lime green and black stripes.

Once I get a little closer I'll start a build thread.
    Last edited by Yama-Bro; 06-15-2017 at 03:27 PM.
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017, Rolling Chassis 3/30/2018, Engine Dyno'ed 3/4/2022, Engine installed 8/27/2022
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines