Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
You are planning leave those exposed versus using the supplied carpet pieces to cover? With carpet, the fit isn't critical because they're completely buried. I'm a nut for powder coat, but those are two of only a few parts on my build that aren't powder coated. I did add some binding on the exposed edge of the carpet. But other than that the kit supplied pieces.
I had originally planned to do that, but I don't have one of the two strange pieces of carpet that you show in your first picture. I received two very unusual pieces like that, but one of them is significantly different than the other. (I tried to attach a photo, but am having difficulties uploading photos tonight.) I actually thought they were trash for the longest time because they didn't match, and didn't seem to go anywhere. Turns out one of them really doesn't go anywhere!! Bottom line, I don't have any carpet the right size and shapes to cover the spaces currently exposed. If I can get the pieces bent the way my mind's eye sees them, I think it should be a very good look. The challenge is going to be finding really talented sheet metal fabricator to get all the bends just so.

I drove the go-cart around the neighborhood a bit more this evening. My it drives nicely. I am so looking forward to getting it done and on the road. I think I could think and putter and check and recheck everything until St. Swithens Day, but I don't think I would be any further along than than I am now. I think it is time to send FlipTop back to the Kandy Shoppe for her final coats of Burgundy candy. I am going to call Matt tomorrow and have him send the truck. (much easier than me renting a trailer!!) I hope he is ready to take it.