Hello Everyone

My MKIV is on the truck and on its way from Stewart Transportation. They tell me its 10-14 days for delivery so I'm spending the weekend tidying up the garage in anticipation. I done basic maintenance on cars all my life, but something like this is a big step for me. Although, I'm not shy about diving in to projects and getting them done so I'm very excited to start this build. However, I'm hoping everyone on here can provide some guidance and help. I've been reading through these forums and re-reading the manual in anticipation. however, I don't think it will all "Gel" for me until I actually pull that first wrench out and start. I've been looking for a great sport convertible and could never find anything that stacks up to a Cobra and being the ultimate DIY'r, I think this project is right up my alley.

Here's what I ordered. I hope it makes sense in the end!

Base Kit
IRS
Power Steering
Race Seats
17" Halibrand Tires
Heater
Dual Chrome Roll Bars
Will wood brake kits

Mike Forte has been great and is putting together my Ford Racing 427 small block. Went with traditional Carb and a Tremec TK0-600.

I'm hoping to end up with something I can cruise around in and has a little pep in its step. I went with the base kit thinking I'll want to upgrade as much as I can along the way to really make it the car of my dreams.

I've been trying to prep for things I will need and have my first question for the experience of the forum. I am looking for the IRS differential and don't really know where to go for this. Any suggestions? Also, I was thinking of adding the front and back sway bars. Yes/No? What is the prevailing train of thought.

Looking forward to posting pictures as I move along. And sharing my experience and reading about others.