No input overnight, thats OK, means other people are thinking the same as me...
"Huh?" Either that or everyone knows and they're like "dude... really?!?!"

After walking away and thinking over breakfast this am, I recalled that whenever I jacked one corner, it at least partially unloaded the other side... in other words, the frame is so stiff that you could jack the whole front end from one corner. (I suspect that if you had the means, this MkIV frame would allow you to jack 3 tires off the ground from one corner). So it also makes sense that what I've done is raise the whole front end, although unevenly, using the front left shock / spring, then just made a little adjustment to the right front to make that side equal. Hence, frame heights about the same but the springs are way off. If I was able to take it out n drive it, after a few bumps and brake hits, I might come back and find everything out of whack again.

I'm going to start over with both springs equal, then screw the collars down in equal, smallish amounts (instead of trying to set one corner then the other in large amounts) until I get the center of the frame crossmember tube to the height I want. Then we'll see how the end of the main frame tubes measure up. I think she'll come together nicely.

Back to work...