Tom, sorry to hear of the difficulties with your fall and your engine. I Hope both are on the mend quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by wallace18 View Post
Well I had a bit of bad luck last few weeks. On 11/4/16 i was coming home from a friends home about 6 miles from my home. I was driving just normal when at first I thought I heard a exhaust leak. As I got closer to home it got much louder and more metallic in sound. Really sounded like a rod knock. I had good 50 psi of oil pressure and temp was 180. I was able to limp it home and shorting out 1 cylinder at a time I found it was coming from #1 the loudest. I pulled the V/C to check valve train. All was good. Drained oils and cut open oil filter no metal at all, nice and clean. I contacted Blue Print Warranty department. They had me do a few diagnosis type things and then told me to ship the engine back to them on their dime. They said they would fix it right for me. Even though it was a paint to remove the engine. It was running so great! The folks at Blue Print were very nice and willing to help. I just put it on the freight truck and hope to hear something next week or so. I really do not know what went wrong, very strange IMO. To top it off I fell and really hurt my tail bone. I am OK but really sore, OUCH!